Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 9 ~ Section Z ~ [FINISHED]

Great tips, thanks

Pretty much exactly what I do and what I know. I haven't found a hidden item in the 4th or 5th segment of stages either. Haven't looked very hard though to be fair.

The eyeballs are the biggest pain in the ass for me. Super annoying when they home in on you, and their hitbox is tiny (maybe just their eye?).

I've almost made it to the final boss. Hoping to at least get there.

This is much more fun than Qix (worth emphasising :D)

Edit: only thing to add is I don't get the 3rd powerup. Shoots too fast and you can't create (well I can't) a constant stream of bullets

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok here's a few hints & tips, I don't think this game is full of secrets, but maybe these will help a few

Section A-E - Scrolls to the right

Best strategy is to stay close to the center of the screen.

Spinners - keep shooting these for a bonus up to 10k, Once you have at least one power up (P) you can quickly spin up the 10k, but before then staying still while shooting these will probably just get you killed.

The Boss is easily killed if shot when it opens.

Section E-J - Scrolls up

The gun turrets at the start are easily dealt with just position your spaceman :) about 3/4 of the way up & mash both buttons.

The tricky lasers are next - watch out for the letter on the right that indicates they are starting, as they sweep down go down with them & fry them!

Next are the mines - easy when you know how, pull down to the bottom of the screen until your almost on them & then push up dashing past 4 lots (pic below) stay just above the mines until your close to the bottom of the screen again & repeat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]104028[/ATTACH]

The rest up to the J is pretty straight forward with a couple of ways to defeat the Boss.

Section J-O - Scrolls to the left

As mentioned before if you don't have a power up don't spend too long on the spinner.

There are two passages top or bottom - take the top passage.

The eyeballs zone in on the players position - keep your distance & splatter them if you get a chance.

I'll let you figure the rest of this part out.

If you make it to the pinball section, get past the flippers ASAP & head for the middle, avoid the silver balls & dash past the flippers to exit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104029[/ATTACH]

That's as far as I will go - good luck with the later sections, if you can't make it 'no one will hear you scream'!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104035[/ATTACH]

It seems there is a hidden item in each section ? a body part, A-E there is a head, E-J there is an arm, J-O there is a Heart.

I've only found those so far not sure if there are more (I have never looked up tips or videos for this game, not going to either :p) what happens if you find all five ??? if indeed there are five !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104037[/ATTACH]

I actually have been feeling unwell for well over a week & not really felt like playing games much :cry

Feeling better now I hope, but I only have a few days left to find the Section Z

Great write up ... thanks for providing all these tips and the effort ... now I hope you may be able to improve your score too ... :045:

Section Z update ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SectionZ5_zpspoxef77n.png

A not so easy game to get to Section Z ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SectionZCapcomSmall_zpsnyugehta.jpg

2 days to go until submissions are closed for this game ... who wins it? ... who can play better? ... and who can get to Section Z?

:100:

Should of got through the Tricky Section R; Eyeballs, Gun Turrets + Lasers all at the same time! with a few lives to spare but stupidly returned to the top of the screen & re-spawned back at the start of R :realmad:

Just got time for one last session, but it's not looking too Rosie...

Should of got through the Tricky Section R; Eyeballs, Gun Turrets + Lasers all at the same time! with a few lives to spare but stupidly returned to the top of the screen & re-spawned back at the start of R :realmad:

Just got time for one last session, but it's not looking too Rosie...

Very tricky section. Try and use your bombs to take out the turrets and lasers.

Really about keeping an eye on those green guys. They are the real nuisance here

We got 1 or 2 hours left? Might fire up another game myself.

Very tricky section. Try and use your bombs to take out the turrets and lasers.

Really about keeping an eye on those green guys. They are the real nuisance here

We got 1 or 2 hours left? Might fire up another game myself.

1 hour to go, I did note last night that the turrets on the right are out of commission ?

1 hour to go, I did note last night that the turrets on the right are out of commission ?

Wow nice spotting. Would have never found something like that myself. Great stuff. Couldn't put it to use in my last run though, got there without losing a life and then lost them all :rolleyes

Not sure if anyone noticed in the first up section, ALL the left turrets start facing the wrong way (Like your scrolling to the right).

Don't know if this is a bug or not...... But you can keep to the upper left as you go up and just avoid the right turret bombs - easy until the wall lasers.

Not sure if anyone noticed in the first up section, ALL the left turrets start facing the wrong way (Like your scrolling to the right).

Don't know if this is a bug or not...... But you can keep to the upper left as you go up and just avoid the right turret bombs - easy until the wall lasers.

I didn't notice that exactly, but there are a number of bugs like that were things appear on the wrong side of the screen, I guess it's to do with the game scrolling in all 4 directions, & capcom using basically the same PCB design / hardware as other games of this era that only scroll in one direction. I think the bootleggers had a real problem, bootleg PCB I have it really shows up a lot more & that may go part way to explain why it was not so common. Pity Capcom didn't hold out for a more suitable Design / hardware. Game also suffers from Lag, pretty bad in later stages.

It's well after 7pm on Sunday 15-Jan-2017. Score submissions for Game 9 Section Z is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SectionZFinal_zpswr6pqyos.png

Somehow, going very deep into the bowels of the treacherous sections in space, DaLar scores 212,250, an excellent score!

fok999 (sorry but your score of 213,300 was well after the deadline), SectionZ (yes the gamer, not the game), RMacauley, magrinder and creech zap and bomb there way to some fine scores in the 100K zone. The aliens took out so many humans in this game that they almost rival the body count by the Qix.

Congratulations to Barra for winning Game 9 who battled in space with great persistence … and we could even hear him scream in space … like so many others!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SectionZMGL30Winner_zpsutzrbt6x.png

Yes absolutely no one made it to Section Z and survived … ultimately the aliens win this time, but it is a really good game. A great nomination by SectionZ and lucky it was drawn for MGL30. I think many would like to see this game come up again in a future MGL? …

Qix is currently in play, Game 10, and it is guaranteed to make your gaming very challenging, the very last game of MGL30 …

:)

Edited by OOO

fok999 (sorry but your score of 213,300 was well after the deadline), SectionZ (yes the gamer, not the game), RMacauley, magrinder and creech zap and bomb there way to some fine scores in the 100K zone. The aliens took out so many humans in this game that they almost rival the body count by the Qix

Arf ... it is me who is sorry not to have posted before ;)