Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Black Rose - "Sink Ship" lamps not working

PeteW

Question

Hi,

I will start off by saying that I am not savvy at all when it comes to fixing issues with a pinball machine and any good advice I receive may be over my head....anyway here we go.

All the "Sink Ship" lamps on my Black Rose no longer work. I have checked for broken wires, tested all fuses and checked for any loose connectors on all the backbox boards....all seems ok. I assume that as all 8 lamps are not on the same under-playfield lamp board that the lamp boards are not the issue.

Not sure what to look for and welcome any advice before I call in the repair man.

Cheers, Pete

BRSS.thumb.jpg.7683b976e8abed3b4d952089aa1d7a7e.jpg

9 answers to this question

I have a Black Rose, check the Globes, Check the Ground wire, then if all else failed to fix, remove & re seat Plug J137-2. If it's a transistor Q97 is the most likely suspect on the Driver board.

Thanks Gemini, advice much appreciated. Everything else seems ok so I think its an issue with the board as you and Timbo suggest. Will get someone local to look at that for me. Thanks

Thanks Gemini, advice much appreciated. Everything else seems ok so I think its an issue with the board as you and Timbo suggest. Will get someone local to look at that for me. Thanks

If you can't get it looked at locally, you can post to me. I have all the right equipment & parts here.

If you can't get it looked at locally, you can post to me. I have all the right equipment & parts here.

Thanks for the offer Gemini. Much appreciated. However problem now solved. I have just checked all wires and re-seated all power driver board connectors. J138 was the culprit, not J137 so I assume someone has done some rewiring in the past. When I disconnect J138 all playfield lamps (not GI), including the sink ship lamps go out. Glad I now don't have to deal with the PD board. :)