Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2017 QLD State Pinball Championship, 10'December

The cat is pretty much out of the bag, but just to let everyone know I've arranged Jack Danger from Dead_Flip Twitch streaming to come along to the Gold Coast for the week and will be at the QLD championship. He won't be competing of course, but will probably do some streaming and drinking during it. More details to follow.......

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cat is pretty much out of the bag, but just to let everyone know I've arranged Jack Danger from Dead_Flip Twitch streaming to come along to the Gold Coast for the week and will be at the QLD championship.

That is bloody awesome, thank you!!! Good opportunity to show the yanks how it's done! :)

He won't be competing of course, but will probably do some streaming and drinking during it. More details to follow.......

Hopefully more streaming than drinking. On the other hand, the drinking does make the streaming more colourful… :)

Michi.

• 2 weeks later...

One more qualifier has made their way on to the list for the QLD Championship - less than 2 months away!!

Congratulations goes to Dave Irving on a 3rd place finish at the recent Gold Coast Pinball Club meet.

Not much time left for players to qualify, however there are a few meets coming up in the next few days where people can get the opportunity:

Oct 15th - SBC Pinball, West End

Oct 15th - Pinball Grotto Matchplay

Oct 17th - Brisbane Pinball Club, Netherworld

Plenty of other opportunities to qualify between now and the end of November. The last event to be able to qualify will be the Brisbane Pinball Club meet on 28th November.

Those who have qualified already, could you confirm with me if you will be attending please. I will need to inform Timezone how many machines we will need for the day.

Cheers,

Lambo

Those who have qualified already, could you confirm with me if you will be attending please. I will need to inform Timezone how many machines we will need for the day.

Count me in please Jason.

Cheers,

G

One more qualifier has made their way on to the list for the QLD Championship - less than 2 months away!!

Congratulations goes to Dave Irving on a 3rd place finish at the recent Gold Coast Pinball Club meet.

Not much time left for players to qualify, however there are a few meets coming up in the next few days where people can get the opportunity:

Oct 15th - SBC Pinball, West End

Oct 15th - Pinball Grotto Matchplay

Oct 17th - Brisbane Pinball Club, Netherworld

Plenty of other opportunities to qualify between now and the end of November. The last event to be able to qualify will be the Brisbane Pinball Club meet on 28th November.

Cheers,

Lambo

Plane tickets booked count me in

• 2 weeks later...

*** QLD PINBALL CHAMPIONSHIP NEWS ***

Timezone Gold Coast have moved 2 of their pinballs on location at Hard Rock Cafe at Surfers Paradise, which will be the site of the QLD pinball championship. The machines are set to $1 per game from now until tournament day.

Timezone will be donating 100% of the earnings over the next 6 weeks to the QLD Pinball Championship prize pool!!!

You can also grab a bite to eat and have a drink or two while you're there at Hard Rock Cafe as well! (Don't forget to collect your 20% discount card from Gavin, Peter or myself before you go!)

A big thank you must go to our sponsors for this event - Timezone Gold Coast and Hard Rock Cafe - for making this happen. Plus we can't forget our amazing pinball clubs here in South QLD, along with the awesome pinball community for all of your support!

For those intending on staying on the Gold Coast for the QLD State Pinball Championship, Timezone have teamed up with the Novotel at Surfers Paradise (next to Timezone & Hard Rock Café) to provide a great discount for our players.

There are discounts on the DELUXE ROOMS and PREMIUM OCEAN VIEW ROOMS, which are valid for up to 2 guests per room. Breakfast is also available for a slightly extra cost.

If you would like to book, please let me know the name(s), check-in and check-out date, and I will forward this on to Jamin @ Timezone. Payment for the room can be done on the day.

Edited by Lambo

just out of interest, and for my education, does this tournament attract IFPA points? With limitations of entry, thought it may be excluded. Not that I mind, just as much fun competing with this field and having fun!

It's open to any one that can qualify top 3 in almost most tournaments in Qld, to me it's no different than any tournament you have to qualify to get to the finals. To me it should have ifpa points as it's open to everyone.

just out of interest, and for my education, does this tournament attract IFPA points? With limitations of entry, thought it may be excluded. Not that I mind, just as much fun competing with this field and having fun!

Yep, IFPA points are available for this event

Hey Lambo.

You have done a great job with this one,IFPA points right now approx 22 points plus prize money, With only a couple of comps to go before the qualifying finishes anyone who has not made it,check out the venues to play at to qualify trophy also looks nice.

Hope you do it again next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are just 4 more events remaining on the pinball calendar to qualify for the 2017 QLD State Pinball Championship.

Sun 12th November:

SBC Pinball @ Sacchromyces Beer Cafe, West End. 11am start, hosted by Dirk Booy

Sun 19th November:

Matchplay tournament @ The Pinball Grotto, Mermaid Waters. 11am start, hosted by John Cosson

Sat 25th November:

Flipswitch @ Autographed Memorabilia, Yeerongpilly. 11am start, hosted by Corey Hamilton

Tues 28th November:

Brisbane Pinball Club @ Netherworld, Fortitude Valley. 4pm start, hosted by myself.

Finish in the top 3 in any of these remaining events to automatically qualify. The QLD Championship is on Sunday 10th December @ Hard Rock Cafe, Surfers Paradise.

Any word on any of the side comps if you haven't qualified

The side comps are open to anyone who is NOT in the Main competition.

There are 3 events - simply post one of the Top 3 scores during the below times to win a prize:

11am-1pm - Regular game

1.30pm-3.30pm - 1 Hand only game

4pm-6pm - Reverse flipper game

QLD-PINBALL-CHAMPIONSHIP-DIGITAL-FACEBOOK-POST.jpg.8a235bdd29f1267b7c250644e453ec8a.jpg

Saturday's Flip Frenzy at Netherworld sees another interstate qualifier for the QLD championship in just under 5 weeks

Congrats on the win Pat Nichols @nich2pat !

All these bloody out-of-staters coming to steal our WPPR points ought to be ashamed of themselves. There really should be a law against this. This is the QLD championship, remember? ;)

Michi.

All these bloody out-of-staters coming to steal our WPPR points ought to be ashamed of themselves. There really should be a law against this. This is the QLD championship, remember? ;)

Michi.

Don't know what your problem there is Michi. When Brett turned up at Flipswitch I told you he was there just to add value, he was not going to win it LOL.

Don't know what your problem there is Michi. When Brett turned up at Flipswitch I told you he was there just to add value, he was not going to win it LOL.

And it's payback for that other bloke that snuck down to take the NSW champs that time. [emoji3]

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk