Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pentranic ch-288 with no red?

sethkore

Hi Jomac

I have a pentranic ch-288 chassis in a naomi universal cab, its been retrofitted with jamma and has one of those 1XX in 1 boards (travesty!!).

any way the problem i have is that the red has gone from the picture. This happened after i moved it when i bought it, as i tested it before and it worked fine.

i have done the small test of grounding the colours (from neckboard) and the red works on the monitor but im guessing its the chassis that has gone kaput or loosened something in the move, ive checked for loose connections and cant seem to find any.

my question is should i just replace the chassis and do you have one to suit or should i get it fixed by you its seen better days pretty dusty and noisy (that crt noise) some scorch marks on neck board and one of the components on the neckboard is loose. im thinking just a new one might be a safe bet.

Another question is can i test the colors from the jamma connector, i have a feeling maybe that connection isn't the best amongst other things.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob ,

Good test on the neck board to verify the tube is ok, I don't explain this test to people because it can be pretty dangerous if you slip or touch the wrong part.

The next test which I do tell some people to try with this issue is to connect a wire to 5volts on the power supply and quickly touch each of the color inputs on the chassis , just a quick touch will flash each color on the screen, if this works with all colors it eliminates the chassis and tube as being the issue and points to cabinet wiring or dead output from the game board.

If it is a pcb based x in 1 board I have seen heaps of these drop color outputs , the 48 & 60 in 1's were really bad for this.

If there is a chassis fault and it only happened after moving it then have a look for broken joints on the neck board because all of the color section on this model chassis is on the neck board and virtually nothing except connections on the chassis itself.