Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 7 ~ Jr Pac-man ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's after 7pm on New Years Day. Score submissions for Game 7 Jr Pac-man is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JrPacmanFinal_zps3cwufixy.png

These pac-man games got harder and harder as they were made … so no surprise that with Jr it was tough going with some zany mazes … :120:

Maze 7 ... The Beer Maze ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JPM_maze7_zpszeyfye4k.gif

magrinder, The Evener, Foot, camaro and Sawys played well to make the 50-60K range … not as easy as you might think …

creech and churgs played even better to score 67K and 64K respectively … nicely done …

However one gamer played great to score 94K with no other gamer in sight … maybe the only player to score a beer bonus this time!

Congratulations to CrazyKongFan for winning Game 7 with masterful ghost avoidance and pill popping … these ghosts never give up!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/JrPacmanMGL30_Winner_zpsj9fevrcn.png

Enjoy New Years Day with plenty of food and gaming as we have Joust and Section Z currently in play … Games 8 and 9 …

:)

Gave it all I had but nowhere near enough. Another game I only saw once back in the day in a pub and at the time finishing a maze was a huge achievement.

Two things though.

It turns out Jr Pacman is in love with a ghost. Has the kid got a death wish?

Eventually the prize is a beer. I guess all this underage drinking may explain the kid's ghost infatuation.

As you can probably tell from my ramblings New Years Day has been good to me. Or not. :tequila:

Great game this one for an MGL. The difference between X and Y was just making it past one more pattern - no big hidden bonuses to boost your score, it was just playing the game and getting a bit further though it. Congrats to the 3 place getters, a truly remarkable achievement on such a ball busting game.

Great game this one for an MGL. The difference between X and Y was just making it past one more pattern - no big hidden bonuses to boost your score, it was just playing the game and getting a bit further though it. Congrats to the 3 place getters, a truly remarkable achievement on such a ball busting game.
There's no patterns with this one as far as I'm aware. It's a ball buster. It's just a game where you keep playing it and you improve on it.

Grouping ghosts better though I'm not so sure you are grouping ghosts as this game goes on, you just try to clear boards. I seen some cool stuff on youtube by a few people, but would love to see some experts play for sure.

Check out Nick Schmader I believe on youtube. There's a few people that truly get the game and know how to work it. Like 100,000's.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my personal best vidhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/156042

Farthest I've made it on a real cab I think was board 9 or 10. Once you get to 17 (4th train board), it becomes a whole different game, as Jr slows down, but the ghosts stay fast (similar to the 9th key on Pac-Man). It takes ALOT of patience and grouping (and a bit of insanity :lol ) to get past those boards

edit: Just watched your TG submission creech, good stuff. On your 3rd death, I think that's the 1st time I've seen the zombie ghosts on Jr Pac. I see them occasionally on Pac or Ms Pac, but don't think I've ever had it happen on Jr. (Zombie ghosts are when they change back from being blue, but you catch them at the frame between when they become deadly and the color pallete changes back to normal, so you get red ghosts with green and white eyes)

0000.png.c8e6e2015ed199e145512b6233deacdd.png

Edited by CrazyKongFan

Check out Nick Schmader I believe on youtube. There's a few people that truly get the game and know how to work it. Like 100,000's.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my personal best vidhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/156042

That video looks like it plays faster than my Mame version (Checked to be running at 100%)......... Perhaps it's just a youtube framerate conversion issue.

That video looks like it plays faster than my Mame version (Checked to be running at 100%)......... Perhaps it's just a youtube framerate conversion issue.
It's possible, it's not mine but it's still impressive to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Farthest I've made it on a real cab I think was board 9 or 10. Once you get to 17 (4th train board), it becomes a whole different game, as Jr slows down, but the ghosts stay fast (similar to the 9th key on Pac-Man). It takes ALOT of patience and grouping (and a bit of insanity :lol ) to get past those boards

edit: Just watched your TG submission creech, good stuff. On your 3rd death, I think that's the 1st time I've seen the zombie ghosts on Jr Pac. I see them occasionally on Pac or Ms Pac, but don't think I've ever had it happen on Jr. (Zombie ghosts are when they change back from being blue, but you catch them at the frame between when they become deadly and the color pallete changes back to normal, so you get red ghosts with green and white eyes)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103597[/ATTACH]

Yes, at the time that hurt, I can't recall that happening much either. This game it just seems some way somehow it'll get ya though. But yes, I've been trying to beat that best for about 6 or 7 months on and off. Your score CKF is exceptional! I know how to navigate the boards on turbo but I'm afraid whenever I make it to the root beer stage etc it's going to be a different ballgame without the turbo.

Anyway's nice job players, and cheers to CrazyKongFan!:) Edit to add, I never played this on a real cab, but, that's the plan for sure.