Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Frogger replica scratch build.

Well another day another cab lol. Started on George Costanza's favorite arcade game and more importantly daughter's favorite. Basic shell is up. I haven't built the bottom riser yet so she looks a tad short. Using measurements from a sketchup file, so hopefully close enough to the original.

Most likely putting a 60 in 1 board in this one, booting straight into frogger only.

cheers

Phil

IMG_20160829_160200.thumb.jpg.1eb7c7119fc0b45d6b4fb2460842f240.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]97926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97929[/ATTACH]

A little more done to Le frog. Made a bottom riser primed and painted black. Top and back primed and painted black, same with inside of cab. Control panel made.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98022[/ATTACH]

Are you going with a LCD or CRT in this cab?

Cheers Trev

LCD 19" 5:4 I'm done with CRT's. The shaders for mimicking CRT's are getting better these days.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you paint it and what paint? Looks cool so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far primed with bullseye 123. The black paint is a gloss from the dollar tree. If you fine sand the primer the gloss comes up a treat.

LCD 19" 5:4 I'm done with CRT's. The shaders for mimicking CRT's are getting better these days.

- - - Updated - - -

So far primed with bullseye 123. The black paint is a gloss from the dollar tree. If you fine sand the primer the gloss comes up a treat.

Is it acrylic or enamel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another nice build! :)

Just wondering what metal profile you used for this trim, as the originals are a particular shape?

I plan to build a replica of this cab myself (Carnival) using my original Frogger, and this is one piece I currently don't have.

Are you also planning to apply wood grain to the sides as per the originals?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Another nice build! :)

Just wondering what metal profile you used for this trim, as the originals are a particular shape?

I plan to build a replica of this cab myself (Carnival) using my original Frogger, and this is one piece I currently don't have.

Are you also planning to apply wood grain to the sides as per the originals?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hi John, the metal trim pictured is just a piece of aluminium angle from bunnings 12x12mm or 12x20mm depends what they have. Yep woodgrain all the way.

cheers

phil

No problem phil. Where do you plan to source your vinyl?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

I have been looking everywhere lol, the problem is getting it in 1: a woodgrain you like and 2: the width is wide enough to cover the entire side in one piece. I have found some on ebay which looks ok.

This one is 900mm wide, so i think i will get this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98083[/ATTACH]

• Administrators

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Insert Thread derail

Dammit John, we seem to have similiar tastes in games. Carnival is one of my top 10!

End Thread derail

Brad

Thought i would try a different way of mounting the LCD into frogger. Bezels and my workmanship being what it is, I need some leeway in being able to move the monitor into the right position.

With this mount I can move the monitor both vertically and horizontally, to give me the ability to place it as best I can. The monitor is attached to the small MDF piece in the middle which allows horizontal movement.

The pine pieces attach to the inside walls of the cab and act as rails to slide the long piece of MDF vertically. Once in position screw it in to hold it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98641[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98642[/ATTACH]

• 4 weeks later...

Well I ordered some woodgrain vinyl from the U.K. It's now over a week late, according to Royal Mail it has been transferred to Australia post. I have lodged a missing item request but I don't hold out much hope. Got my cpo and marquee from AA's favorite master printer Mame Patrol. Looks amazing as always.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99650[/ATTACH]