Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Retropie pauses/flickers

Hi all I set up a retropie last night. Added some games and I then notice when I go ingo ghetto game it pauses/flickers (sound stops and the restarts, about 1 Second pause) wondering if any one else has seen thus. Thought it may be there cheap bluegooth controllers I have? When I get home I'll try some different controllers.

I also noticed this morning, before I become the kids sport taxi. When it booted up it went to a shell not the gui and my keyboard wasn't welding? More to play with when I get home :)

• 3 weeks later...

Or your SD card is bogus. I have been using the high speed SanDisk (silver and gold types) without trouble. I find the cheaper unbranded or plain black type cards are really slow or corrupt the data writing back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like the SD card has a problem, easiest is to try another one & see how you go.

Other possible cause is a lack of power - is your Pi getting enough juice? Make sure the adapter or whatever power source you're using can provide at least 2A.