Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 6 ~ Mr Do! ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so happy to have won this game. It is no secret that I am very passionate about Mr. Do and I really wanted to win it.

@churgs has had me under great pressure this week and I feared that he was going to win 'my' game.

Thanks churgs for pushing me on this game. I would not have played it as much or pushed for that score if you didn't have the pressure on that you did.

You are a tough opponent.

I have been a bit busy the past week and have been very quiet on this Mr. Do thread.

I did take the time to read the sledging I was receiving from @churgs as well as the many text messages I received from him declaring his greatness.

I feel I should respond.

Take that @bigredbird. My nerves are shot, my wife and kids have disowned me but I'm number 1 again. How does it feel now

It feels very good thank you. After reading your texts after 7pm last night it seems your nerves are shot again. Send the wife around to my place, the champ will look after her.

Well done little @bigredbird You'll be able to beat your dad shortly cause I don't think he's got anything left in the tank

You forgot about my reserve tank.

Here's a challenge I will put out there. I think it only fair that if @bigredbird cannot top the leader board by the close of game 6 -MrDo! Then he really should hand over his MrDo! Avatar to the winner and he adopt the avatar of that said person. Especially since he designed the rather strange avatar to make his mate look foolish . Thoughts everyone ?

I like it!

I guess that goes both ways so I will let you know when I find an appropriate pic for you to use.

Thanks Magrinder. I called in to check up on @bigredbird today and he is a broken man. I'm not sure if he will recover from his pending defeat. They say time heals all wounds but this will scar him for some time to come. Cheer up bigredbird, being second best is ok too

Oh wow! That's gotta hurt re-reading that one.

I'm glad you feel that way about second best and as you say time heals all wounds.

Here is churgs checking the scoreboard at 7pm last night.

1041528794_billymitchell-reverse.jpg.2af804a0f0d3c12dca5bc96b1b8d6ecc.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and chat about my tips and video. I love this game and hope you got something out of them that helped improve your game.

Congrats @bigredbird on the win. As much as I enjoyed and appreciated the video tips I can't seem to get the hang of when to stop when they chase you so they pause to turn to diggers.

My score here remains my PB.

That said, I am debating changing the difficulty back to easy for the family or keeping it at medium. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Congrats @bigredbird on the win. As much as I enjoyed and appreciated the video tips I can't seem to get the hang of when to stop when they chase you so they pause to turn to diggers.

My score here remains my PB.

That said, I am debating changing the difficulty back to easy for the family or keeping it at medium. Any opinions?

Thanks, glad you liked the video.

The stop/start move you mention is not really part of my ( or @churgs ) gameplay.

I have watched videos of this move and it is not something I can replicate. I know when I can make the monsters stop when running through dirt but I have seen videos where the monsters are being stopped almost anywhere and even the alpha monsters have been made to stop.

I have wondered at times if there are different versions being played that enable the move to be performed this easily.

I am sure I could increase my score massively if I could do this because it looks like you can get out of trouble anywhere - even in the higher levels of the game.

As for the difficulty level, I have already changed mine back to easy. My daughter is also playing this a bit at the moment and the easy setting just calms things down a little bit. I would rather she learn the game this way and enjoy it.

I am so happy to have won this game. It is no secret that I am very passionate about Mr. Do and I really wanted to win it.

@churgs has had me under great pressure this week and I feared that he was going to win 'my' game.

Thanks churgs for pushing me on this game. I would not have played it as much or pushed for that score if you didn't have the pressure on that you did.

You are a tough opponent.

I have been a bit busy the past week and have been very quiet on this Mr. Do thread.

I did take the time to read the sledging I was receiving from @churgs as well as the many text messages I received from him declaring his greatness.

I feel I should respond.

It feels very good thank you. After reading your texts after 7pm last night it seems your nerves are shot again. Send the wife around to my place, the champ will look after her.

You forgot about my reserve tank.

I like it!

I guess that goes both ways so I will let you know when I find an appropriate pic for you to use.

Oh wow! That's gotta hurt re-reading that one.

I'm glad you feel that way about second best and as you say time heals all wounds.

Here is churgs checking the scoreboard at 7pm last night.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103226[/ATTACH]

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and chat about my tips and video. I love this game and hope you got something out of them that helped improve your game.

Congratulations @bigredbird. A great score and in the closing minutes of the game on Christmas Day of all days. Yes, i underestimated your reserve TANK and your box of tricks that's for sure. Rest assured next time we go head to head on this game I will be Do ing my utmost to wipe that smile off your face . Until then congratulations and well done [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...

Been sorting through my arcade bits & bobs & came across my arcade key rings!

They are quite nicely done, this one is MrDo! & a certain MGL player quickly came to mind :)

Yours if you want it @bigredbird pm me name & address & i'll send it out to you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104105[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]104106[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when Mr Dos Castle came out. Was a very fun game but I haven't played it since then. I think that game needs to come back...

I never saw this game back in the day. The first I heard of it was here in the MGL.

It is a fun game, I got to like it over a couple of weeks.

Here is the MGL thread where we played it:

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/74361-MGL-25-Game-7-Mr-Do-s-Castle-FINISHED?p=922337#post922337