Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

412 in 1 power supply question

Polarized

Question

Hi all, i have a cocktail cabinet with a family games multi board operating horizontally. As i mainly only play the old classics and they look crappy playing them horizontally i decided to go a 412 in 1 vertical and alter the cabinet to suit. The question i have is probably quite dumb but i dont want to destroy the new game cartridge.

The manual that came with the cartridge says not to connect jamma power and the molex power as you will destroy the board. If i connect molex power and a video out, the game works fine and apears on the screen ( but of course no controls). If i disconnesct the molex and just plug in the jamma harness the screen says "no video signal" and then nothing.

It would seem to me that i just need to connect the molex power as well and all would be okay, but the manual has scared me off trying this without seeking some advice.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, Gary

3 answers to this question

The family game boards require power to both the top and bottom boards.

You may find that the top board (that's powered by the Jamma harness) is wired to the same power supply at the bottom board.

If not, it will have its own power supply.

You would really need to trace back the wires and see where they go.