Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Rio Olympics..

FLEX

I am a bit of a sports fan, so was looking forward to this, but is the Rio Olympics just turning into a total farce (if it wasn't already)? sorry if there was already a thread started but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, It started with the Russian drug controversy, crowd control needed for the flame arrival, then went onto facilities being unfinished as athletes were arriving, green pools, dirty lakes, support people getting mugged in cabs at gun point, mugged at airports, athletes being robbed at gunpoint, athlete's getting told not to go on the beach at night for safety reasons, corrupt boxing (again), terrible bike race roads, falling camera's hitting crowds, bush fires at the bmx track, booing of athletes etc. etc

Makes you wonder whats next really!

It is only about half way through at the moment (it already feels like its been going forever), and it just seems like this Olympics has actually set the whole movement back about 20 years. This is the worst Olympics I have witnessed.

This is completely putting aside Australia's performance thus far.

Interested to know other peoples opinions on this, is it just me?

i've watched every day and seen heaps of great stuff, **** me the men's table tennis final blew my mind, that was video game stuff! the facilities i've seen on broadcast have looked great, i mean EVERY olympics there's always reports of unfinished this and substandard that, who cares? just watch the world's greatest athletes doing amazing things.

I think they should just run two events each other..

One for no drugs and another where don't hold back..

The ratings on the first roided up olympics would be huge..

I agree - the steroid olympics would be great - I'd love to see a guy run the 100m sprint ih 2 secs flat.

OR watch the corruption in the boxing again :confused:

as a sport, not many people can identify with boxing anyway. there's too many stupid sports in the Olympics now. golf FFS, an Olympic sport ? dressage bores me senseless. give the horse the medal, it's the one doing all the work.