Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New machine day, and questions to anyone who's owned SEGA Virtua Cop 2

Stoked to finally get an original SEGA cab, and it plays pretty well, but has seen plenty of use and Id like to get some pointers on a few things.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97423[/ATTACH]

First of all the guns were pretty beat up. Gun 2 was firing, but nothing registering on screen/ no bullets used, Gun 1 was very off aim.

Pulling them apart (and having a quick check online for any tips) I found that just resetting the connector in both guns and cleaning the lens had them both working great. Id love to get new gun plastics, and Im sure I remember one of the sponsors mentioning they sold replacements for Virua Cop 2 guns. Maybe @Gamemasters or @GameDude

If anyone could point me in the right direction for these Id appreciate it.

Second - the marquee light has been completely removed at some stage, and while it's easy to find images of the marque glass, I can't find any of the light that was behind it. There is a small 3 prong female socket hanging there (is this SEGA standard marquee lighting loom?) that I found the other end of (also attached to nothing) when I took the back off the cab. If I can't work out what was in there, I can LED it, but would love something more original (or closer to it) if I can get info on the standard fluoro (Size/ globe type/ etc).

Third - the yellow T moulding. If anyone has replaced this stuff before, mine is cracked to pieces and really faded. Any leads on good yellow T moulding that would be the right size for this cab, or are most types are similar? Sorry if noob question, just haven't replaced it before.

Last thing is more of a cab compatibility question…. after reading a bunch of comparisons from different places, would HOTD 1 work in this Virtua Cop 2 cab. I know HOTD was made later, and that a ton of light gun games won't work in either cab, but in most places that I could find any (accurate sounding) info, it had mentioned these 2 should be compatible - but it didn't mention in either cab (if it matters).

As always - cheers for any pointers!

Sam

I can answer your last question.

Yes House of The Dead will work in the cab. I have a mate who had a Virtua Cop 2 cab that we ran HOTD in for 6 months with no problem before selling it as a virtua cop 2 machine.

Congrats on the machine!