Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Xmen pro is a very good game!

Hi just though id start a thread that i recently picked up an Xmen pro. After playing it over and over again, going through the rules and updating to the recent code its a really good game. I checked out pinsides reviews and gripes so i was bit hesitant plus ive played it on site but it just gobbles up the coins (like most sterns).

Game is very tight shots and the call outs do grow on you as its based on the comics rather then the movies. The pro doesnt have the pop ups or the spinner but its a shooters game and so far im really impressed. Im not into the superhero thing but its still a very cool game.

The playfield is similar to Trons layout but in reverse. Once you get over the big figures in the game i give it a big thumbs up. Just thought id add my little review that Xmen is a great pin. Just gotta give it some time and play it to get it to sink in.

I havent seen a lot of talk on Aussie arcade so ive started a thread and would like to hear what other Xmen owners think. Have you played it and sold it on or have you kept it in your collection.

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game.

I think it cops a bad rap because it's hard to play.

It has become more sought after since code updates.

I only ever thought the toys were too big in pics before its release, but they were fine in real life.

I have the LE and doubt it will go anywhere anytime soon.

I wanted it after spending some time on some sited games, mainly because the shots are tight and that its a hard game.

1 more thing. Never listen too what pin side or the yanks say about games as they bag out many good games.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a LE Wolverine and it is my favorite game.

So much to shoot for, so many modes and hard, REALLY hard. I love the artwork and don't mind the callouts at all. Having Deadpool as part of the game in the latest code is a great update.

My first pin too a few months back. I still suck but am enjoying the game and it's good to hear it is regarded as a hard game - makes me feel better about my performance on it so far! I have a LOTR too now and am really enjoying having 2 completely different styles of game. X-Men's a bastard of a thing by comparison.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really care for the X-Men theme and had no interest in the game at all when it was released....flash forward to now, it's definitely a game I'd own one day. I prefer the look of the Pro and after all the comments about the difficulty, it sounds right up my alley. Can't believe I haven't played one yet.

Great to hear about your purchase, Mark!

Cheers!

Adam.

I love my xmen pro. I played it for a couple of years at a mates place before i bought it off of him and in that time i went from not being a fan of the game to "i must have this game".

I have always liked the theme and the fact it has so much going on shot wise and now code wise but i thought it was way too difficult. I now think it's a is a great machine in my opinion and one i keep coming back to in my collection to play no matter how much it kicks my ass.

I think the difficulty and the complexity of game play means it's one pin I'll be playing for a long time to come.

I always enjoy playing Xmen. I'm not an owner but I always give it a good bash when I visit friends who own one.

@Audioenslaved recently put a mod which removes the wolverine toy and replaces it with a captive ball. I think this mod actually balances the game better. It essentially makes wolverine harder to hit and makes both xavier and beast a little easier to hit. The end result being that if you want to hit wolverine you generally have to aim for it, which makes the multiball less random. Beast and xaiver are still challenging shots, but a little easier.

Overall I think it really comes down to what kind of game you like. I really like games with lots of tight shots, but not everyone does.

I love my LE. Xmen theme doesn't mean anything to me but I love the hand drawn art on this game. It is difficult and the ruleset deep. In comps theres a couple of ways you can approach it, too, depending on how much risk you want to take. Building up all the heroes before starting magneto MB is really cool, too. Only thing I don't like is the callouts, but they're so cheesy I can live with them now and enjoy the cheese.