Thread: Turn Old TV's into Arcade Monitors

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1210 Post(s)

nec are good dual res tubes

got one sitting on my hardwaste heap atm. if anyone wants me to rescue it. was going to hoard it but getting tight for room
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knight76 View Post
    How about LG CRT's are they suitable for a chasis? I have one in the garage that is not working. It would be about 68cm id say.
    If you can tell me the yoke readings I can confirm , but in most cases Yes I can match up a chassis to these .

Quote Originally Posted by narf View Post
    nec are good dual res tubes

got one sitting on my hardwaste heap atm. if anyone wants me to rescue it. was going to hoard it but getting tight for room
    Come on Shannon , I would leave the car outside to save one of those tubes they are awesome and RARE!!
    Last edited by Jomac; 5th May 2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1210 Post(s)
    ill bring it back in. ive thought about it all day at work and i think im kicking my self

plus way home saw a 88cm tv with dual scarts and svid ect. dam it i need a bigger car. plus its made in europe so its a good chance of rgb

just stole it back now i need a cab for it LOL

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Sorry guys if you were looking for this thread it has been moved to here now , I first started this thread before I had my own section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey joey, iv'e already sent an email thru to you but not sure if you received it as it has returned back to me, anyhow i have a 14" Golstar monitor (7+1 pins) and the model number is A34KPU02XX, i need a chassis to suit for cardie cabinet , do you need anymore info on the monitor?. Or is it cheaper for me to buy a ARCADE RGB to TV converter, that way i can use the original chassis, let me know whats best, cheers Al

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PARRA View Post
    Hey joey, iv'e already sent an email thru to you but not sure if you received it as it has returned back to me, anyhow i have a 14" Golstar monitor (7+1 pins) and the model number is A34KPU02XX, i need a chassis to suit for cardie cabinet , do you need anymore info on the monitor?. Or is it cheaper for me to buy a ARCADE RGB to TV converter, that way i can use the original chassis, let me know whats best, cheers Al
    PM Sent .

If anyone has problems emailing me at jomac@jomac.net.au please use joey@eftel.com.au , as a few already know I am a spam fighter so have the mail server rules on Jomac set very tight .
    I know you are not spammers trying to send me mail but if you are using bigpond , hotmail , yahoo , gmail etc these are spammer friendly providers that shares your service with known spammers.

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2070 Post(s)
    Heres another fine example of a TV used in a Arcade machine which spectacular results (Cheers to The Prof for the TV ). In this case it was a 68cm(29") NEC TV using one of Joeys famous Dual Res chassis.
    I've find the end result is always depends on how good the tube is so depending how picky you are(like me) it may take a few old tubes to get the best result.

State
    Old Sydney Town
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That looks awesome.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    Heres another fine example of a TV used in a Arcade machine which spectacular results (Cheers to The Prof for the TV ). In this case it was a 68cm(29") NEC TV using one of Joeys famous Dual Res chassis.
    I've find the end result is always depends on how good the tube is so depending how picky you are(like me) it may take a few old tubes to get the best result.

Wow that looks awesomely awesome!

Matthew

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1210 Post(s)
    nice

those tubes look great. I know gibo has a few running in cabs from my pile i had

ive got one left out of 13 minty ones. After seen that ill add a cab to fit the upcomming project list

did you do the tube mod on yours trav

might be a good one to show us noobs with gibos,joey and your selfs help as you have all done it

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information