Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wizard Mode Screening in Brisbane for AEIOU - Tuesday 2nd of August

hutch

Hi all,

As some of you may already know, I've organised a fundraising screening of the film Wizard Mode to raise money for AEIOU, a charity for children with Autism. The event is being held at New Farm Cinemas in Brisbane on Tuesday the 2nd of August, starting in the function area at 6:15PM.

Wizard Mode is the story of Robert Gagno, a world champion pinball player who happens to have Autism. I believe this is the first time the film will be shown in Australia.

Please see link below for details and to buy tickets. $50 may seem like a bit, but it includes food and Craggy Range wine, and all ticket proceeds go straight to the charity thanks to sponsorship from Hutchies and Craggy Range. The pinballs there will also be on free play.

https://aeiou.org.au/view-event/wizard-mode-australian-private-screening-70

If you would like to learn more about the film or watch the trailer, please see the link below.

http://www.wizardmodefilm.com/

Thanks

Jack

• Super Moderator

Good work Jack..

Keep on bumping this to the top..! I'll try and get along for sure.

Do we register interest and pay on the day, or is the donate button out ticket purchase so to say..?

Hey Jack @hutch have you got anyway to get them to sell a dvd copy of it - reckon you'd sell a few because it's a good cause and you can't get it legally in Aus.

@Fire_Power Unfortunately that isn't up to me mate - but I am pretty sure the film makers have plans to distribute internationally (including Australia) at some point.

• Administrators

A good cause Jack. A very good mate of mine has an autistic daughter and the trials faced by that family are many and often. Make sure you get a bump every day to keep it at the top of the section.

Keep us informed if there is a DVD release, I will buy a copy.

Dave

A good cause Jack. A very good mate of mine has an autistic daughter and the trials faced by that family are many and often. Make sure you get a bump every day to keep it at the top of the section.

Keep us informed if there is a DVD release, I will buy a copy.

Dave

Thanks mate - I have an Autistic brother so it's pretty close to the family. Plus it's about competitive pinball, what could be better.

Alright guys we have sold out - should raise over over $10K for AEIOU after donations. Look forward to seeing any pinheads who bought tickets tonight.

Thanks for the support.

Jack

• Administrators
Alright guys we have sold out - should raise over over $10K for AEIOU after donations. Look forward to seeing any pinheads who bought tickets tonight.

Thanks for the support.

Jack

Bitchen'

Massive thanks to Jack for organising a great night. Highly recommend seeing this film. It was very moving. 1 in 100 children are diagnosed with ASD. This gives a great perspective into the life and the emotions of someone living with autism. It's great to see what a difference the enjoyment of pinball can make to different people.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Anyone know how and when we can digitally rent/purchase the film?

There is currently no legal way to watch the film in this country. I actually emailed them, and they replied yesterday. They said that it is soon to be available internationally, but thats all I got out of them.

The movie is worth watching. Not just because pinball plays a large part, but because it it a really well made and sensitive documentary. I admired the parents' commitment to Robert, and how Robert is so incredibly genuine and nice. I hope the movie will do well–it certainly deserved to!

Michi.

• 2 weeks later...