Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who does PCB repairs

I'm sure there are better boards out there, but I'd rather keep it as original as possible. I also like the challenge of making such old, odd things work. I don't want to turn it into a multi game. What interests me about this particular board is that it appears to be a color version of the original board in the game I'm buying.

I don't have the game yet, but based on the pictures I've seen, it has heavy burn in, so I will at least be looking for a replacement CRT. The idea of installing a color monitor and color version of the board appeals to me.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone has one of these boards they want to sell. It doesn't need to be working.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I found it pretty strange how the daughter board in Pic one (start of this thread) is connected to the main board with wires soldered to chips here, there and everywhere so I assume it’s some sort of colour mod - could be factory but probably not. In that pic u can see the molex plug coming off the daughter board that connected to the chassis so helps confirm that daughter board was to add colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 1 year later...

Hey.. I'm back again... this time another game board has surfaced. An actual Jatre Spectre. I don't know yet what version it is. However I am intrigued by this game-board. My friend has the table in decent condition so I'm hoping he gets it going. Earlier in the post I recommend not bothering with trying to space invaders clones. I was trying to save Adzy the heart ache. Repairing Spaceys is rarely an easy fix, let alone one without a schematic and possibly missing traces. If you did, who'd know what was wrong.. causing you endless problems.

But since learned that the Jatre Spectre is the most know of the space invaders clones, I'm doing a bit of a back flip here and sending a bit of love it's way. I think it's worth the effort if you have experience and know the architecture.

My friends cab looks like this one and has the same PCB as far as I can tell. ( not actual picture of his cab ).

image1.thumb.jpg.718e15c43239af1fbbdb06b8e5bc1469.jpg

Edited by taito

• 10 months later...
Hi,

I was wondering if you found any infos or schematics of that PCB? I'm trying to fix my Jatre Specter PCB (cocktail).

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156292https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156293

Thanks

Luke

No never did sorry mate. Board is long sold. Good luck with your repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 1 month later...
I have the same machine and same board as adzy had , with two sub boards.

soon i think i will pull it out and start a repair log.

this board is going to be a real bitch to fix.

Yeah I gave it a red hot go but ran into problems... so I'm letting it go. Would have been "nice" to say I could fix "any" type of spacey, but I think maybe that title will have to go to someone else who has the money skills, resources, desire and time. I'm out!l lol :)

• Like 1