Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Clicking noise coming from monitor no picture

Vazzler

Hi Jomac,

When you get the chance can you please see the video attached and give me your thoughts?

I get no picture on the screen only the clicking noise when I power on the monitor.

3129D Main PCB Rev 7

20161029_145308_HDR.thumb.jpg.dd95e401e971a96bf8ab58bfe33af30d.jpg20161029_145338.thumb.jpg.0fd4ff665ba4c759cae4aa9ba1c4d209.jpg20161029_145348_HDR.thumb.jpg.d845f0cda3d6cc6e7526b1b2b3a1cd9e.jpg

Those series Weiya chassis present the same symptoms for a load of different issues , the clicking sound is the power supply section starting and stopping because it is sensing an overload in the output section somewhere , unfortunately on this model the flybacks are a known issue and not available.

If you look beside the flyback and see any burnt resistors then it is 100% a dead flyback and not repairable,, if there are no burnt resistors there is a good chance it can be repaired, the list of failures on these and possible issues are endless , terrible quality.

As dragonlee mentioned the controls on these also cause a lot of problems , yours has definitely got a broken "Bright" pot , this won't cause the issue you are seeing but if that one is damaged there is a good chance it's been stood on and could have a broken H-Size or H-Hold pot or crack on the PCB which will cause it to not start up.