Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Raspberry Pi and scanlines for mame

I'm restoring an old (non-jamma) cocktail machine i had in storage for a friend, going to use a retropie image / Pi3

Has anyone been able to get scanlines working for mame on the retropie image, or know how to set it up in Retroarch ? I tried using a filter graphic file, setting the file to be the overlay , but whenever I run mame, the scanlines just aren't there. Driving me a bit bats.

I know I could use an SLG but that's just more expense, would be great if I could get the filter working in retroarch, what am I missing ?

Thanks,

J

Retroarch has shaders for doing that in the Retroarch based MAMEs (I think), otherwise advmame has built in scan line filters usable from it's video menu.

Which MAME are you using?

Yeah, these shaders are the ones I am selecting from within the retroarch menu. but even after I select a shader, ensure the config saves on exit retroarch, they do not seem to work in mame, no shaders appear when playing a game.

using mame4all. I don't think adv mame is in the retropie image, and I haven't looked into installing new emulators on it yet, cause it looks like a config hell in Linux...

I normally load up emulation station on retropie. Go to the retropie menu, choose configuration editor. Then select advanced configuration, then i choose configure libretro options. Next you choose a cfg file to modify, i normally choose the emulator i use which for me is mame-libretro/retro arch.cfg. Next screen is all the option you can change. First enable shaders, option 2 then option 3 allows you to choose the shader you want. Exit back to emulation station and your good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
I normally load up emulation station on retropie. Go to the retropie menu, choose configuration editor. Then select advanced configuration, then i choose configure libretro options. Next you choose a cfg file to modify, i normally choose the emulator i use which for me is mame-libretro/retro arch.cfg. Next screen is all the option you can change. First enable shaders, option 2 then option 3 allows you to choose the shader you want. Exit back to emulation station and your good to go.

I've just got around to doing that on the weekend - works perfectly now. thanks for your well written instructions!