Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ghostbusters Pro

Greetings,

As a long time admirer and a dreamer that one day to have a home pin, I have decided to finally take the plunge. One of the models I have a liking too is the latest Ghostbusters Pro.

Has anyone played the GB or do you own one and happy to provide your thoughts or experiences?

All feedback is welcome both positive and negative.

Thanks in advances for reading and sharing.

Mark

There are some discussions on it in the 'new pinball' section of the forum.

There are 3 In Australia I think as it's new and these where air freighted.

1 in qld at timezone. 1 in Vic at fancy hanks I think it's called. And the one in nsw... No idea. Maybe at amd?

I like the game. It's bloody hard. Fast ball times. Beautiful playfield.

I think it's pretty brutal as a first pin. I thought it would be the pin of pin the missus would like be she hated it. I think I've put about 40 games into it and yet to really break the game open.

The modes NEED to be completed for progression. 9 main modes split in 3. So you might find yourself playing the same 3 modes over and over again of you cannot hit the shots.

There is a lot of other stuff going on at the same time but it *seems* to just be 4 or so different types of hurry ups. Equipment, river of slime, terror dog and I think another one.

And of course you collect ghosts. And ever 20 ghosts it activates a mode. First 2 are pretty boring IMO. Spirit guide whixh is just a cluster of mystery awards, and then negative reinforcement on ESP. Which is a video mode which is just choosing 50/50 cards and the bonus doubles the further you go. It's like a dumbed down version of the one in Congo because apparently even though it seems it's 50/50 the coder said it'd predetermined how far you get. So when you choose both answers are yes. Or both answers are wrong.

So anyway, the game gets really good when you get to 60 ghosts!

The call outs are cool. "this man has no dick" makes me laugh but I'm super immature. Some weird stuff in the pins. Like the super jackpot at 1 million points with a super excited call out..

Needs some software tweaking but it's good already and all modes are in there.

Make sure you play before buying!

Edited by Ryza

Great feedback Ryza, thank you.

You are correct AMD has one, planning to play a few games next week. Thanks also for all the in game play, its great to hear the game has some depth to it.

Ghostbusters Pro

The challenge will be getting your hands on one. I heard somewhere that they are all sold and that AMD won't have any games now until September (as the container arriving on the 8th is sold out). Don't rely on this info however. Check with AMD.

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts

The challenge will be getting your hands on one. I hear somewhere that they are all sold and that AMD won't have any games now until September (as the container arriving on the 8th is sold out). Don't rely on this info however. Check with AMD.

Heard exactly the same.

Great feedback Ryza, thank you.

You are correct AMD has one, planning to play a few games next week. Thanks also for all the in game play, its great to hear the game has some depth to it.

Get in quick as it wont be there after Tuesday

1.21 Gigawatts is correct, pro's are all sold out. Next order arrives late September if all goes well, my one would be one of them.

I do believe Premiums are available, zax amusements has a couple in the next few weeks. The AMD one is a pin setup for customers interested in buying one, I did not get the impression it was going to be sold. A successful play and connection with the Pin would be needed before emptying the bank account. ;-)

You mentioned in your post to have a home pin. Does that mean just one pinball machine? Its very hard to just have one pinball machine in the house. Gorgar is the only person i know on this forum that has one pin in his house.

The rest of us are all weak and have multiple pins. Its addictive and fun so be warned once a pinball enters the door of your residence. LOL. Starting with buying a new pinball is a great idea too as you avoid all the headaches and breakdowns of the machines when buying older ones. Another pinball player is a good thing.

Its addictive and fun so be warned once a pinball enters the door of your residence.

Great thanks for the warning, I will make allowances in my renovations. sounds expensive but also fun ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

What a great game, play for a couple of hours at Warners Bay and have to say, I loved it. Its not a easy game, you need to have great ball control and found a couple of times the ball jumped over the return lanes, however I also played the one in Surfers Paradise (the bubble meter was level) and it did not have the same problem.

Warners bay was $1 for 3 balls & had the sound turned up so you could hear it over the other machines. I watched a couple of kids play the game and they enjoyed hitting slimer and loved all the sounds and lighting show.

I was so impressed with the game I have decided not to buy a pro, but to buy a premium instead. Delivery expected mid August.

With so much to do on the play field, I can see it will keep me amused for some time to come.. :-)

• 2 weeks later...