Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

One button registering as a press when released

2playornot

Question

Hi AAF,

I have a challenger cabinet which I've connected to a JPAC.

I have an issue with button 6 (Heavy kick) on the player 2 side.

In the image below, I've wired a daisy chained ground from button 4 (Light kick) closest to the joystick, to the button 6 (Heavy kick) then to the ground on the JPAC for player 2 as well as wiring the 4,5 and 6 buttons. The ground on button 4 is not connected to anything. Buttons 4 and 5 work when pressed, however button 6 only activates after the button is released after each press. As a test, I replaced the microswitch for button 6 (white switch in the picture) but this did not change anything.

Player2 Kick Switches.jpg

Buttons 4, 5 and 6 on player 1 have been wired in the same way and work when pressed immediately. I'm unsure why only button 6 on player two side is activating after being released.

Could someone please assist? Please advise if you need any other information.

JPAC Wiring.jpg

Thanks,

2playornot

6 answers to this question

Does it do this in notepad? That would exclude some weird mame setting.

Is it a jpac setting? Tried chucking it under a different button? Say switch 7 or 8 or even on the other side, doesn't matter.

You have already taken the switch and wiring out the options by the sounds of it.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Hi Redferatu,

Thank you for the suggestions. It did do the same in notepad. There is some sort of issue with player 2 button 6 on the jpac. Moving button 6 to button 8 solved the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

2playornot

Hey Rustler77,

I can barely recall now. It may have been what David_AVD advised.

If I remember correctly, the microswitch had the reverse labeling for the NC and NO positions for some reason; this appeared to be a fabrication error on the part of the microswitch. I think once I swapped the connector from the top position of the white microswitch in my image above to the lower position, things started working again as normal.

As I can't really recall if this is how I fixed it, this may be worth a try as it won't be much effort on your part to test and may solve your issue.

2playornot