Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2019 in 1 jamma assistance required

Nick Zezovski

Question

Hi.

This is a 2 part enquiry.

Part 1.

I'm looking at purchasing a 2019 in 1 jamma gameboard. My LAI arcade cabinet is set up with a jamma harness, but only the top 3 buttons work on player 1 & 2. There is a kick harness to activate the bottom 3 buttons on player 1 & 2.

My question is will this setup work with a 2019 in 1 jamma? If not is there a quick work around or does this mean I need a new jamma harness?

Part 2.

There appears to be 2 different types of 2019 in 1 jamma game boards. There is a game king in black housing & another not in any housing. What is the difference? Is one better than the other?

Thanks.

15 answers to this question

To Use these Multi board which you might need to re-wire it with a new deluxe Jamma harness or Solder wires onto the existence harness for button 4,5,6 .But if you purchase this board which has a harness which caters for button 4,5,6 by plugging in the spare wiring via the the gameboard direct to your buttons .

So is there a pin connector on these boards that accommodates the kick harness? If that is the case then I should be able to use the existing kick harness that is wired up in my cabinet for buttons 4, 5 & 6. Is that correct?

I can only comment on the non cased Blue Games Family boards. They use a standard harness and come with a kick for Buttons 5 & 6 on both players..

I have always found the open non cased ones better. the cased ones seem to crap out more often.

Just remember that this game board might only last 4 - 5 years. I have had them last longer though. They seem to have a shorter lifespan but seem to emulate the games a lot better.

Make sure you order the board to suit CGA monitor if that is what you have..

When you price the board from the supplier ask them how much for a spare loaded hard drive. they use to be only $25.00 US and well worth it

and no you cannot use the existing kick harness. it is a simple small 6 pin header on the game board

So I've decided on the 2019 in 1 Game King version. With the DOM Drive it should be more stable, plus it uses the jamma+ standard so it will be easier for me to make the necessary adjustments on my existing cabinet.

I can't find a local supplier. Can someone point me in the right direction or is this something I need to source from overseas?

So I've decided on the 2019 in 1 Game King version. With the DOM Drive it should be more stable, plus it uses the jamma+ standard so it will be easier for me to make the necessary adjustments on my existing cabinet.

I can't find a local supplier. Can someone point me in the right direction or is this something I need to source from overseas?

check in sponsor section @Vadership whom can help you out.

Do the vertical games on this platform play in there correct / original aspect ratio or are they stretched across the screen & therefore occupy the whole screen?

Hi Nick,

Most of the vertical games on these boards are stretched. they can be fixed by modifying some files.

John

my unit (1k-in-1 games family) seems to be a mixed bag for vertical stretching. Some games are correct and others arent.

ill have to note down all the stretched ones, then put the ide drive into another old pc as a slave/cable select, then find which correct mamewah files need editing, rinse.. test and repeat until they're all good.

shame its no tiny task for a unit thats supposed to be plug and go.

hoping the 3k in 1 drive ill have soon is not locked to a dongle games family and hoping moreso the newer image revision brings fixes reducing the need to do other modding to the disks files.