Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PINBALL 2000 owners/collectors

I haven't owned one for a very long time but haven't managed to figure out what the trick is to reading the screen upside down and backwards when doing a switch test without the glass on :)

I haven't owned one for a very long time but haven't managed to figure out what the trick is to reading the screen upside down and backwards when doing a switch test without the glass on :)

You are suppose to use the backglass and place it under the headbox and that acts as the mirror, I saw this on the Williams promo video.

I found to work on one is AMAZING! tells you where each fault is (blown globs and all) and its so easy to remove the playfiled, put it on the bench and do a full re-build, repairs, ect. upside down screen when doing repairs where a little annoying but like said, back glass or small mirror done the trick. that said, they are heavy for the size of play filed, hard to pack down and ship and you have to worry about chassis and PC repair. Game play was only ok, they could have done a lot more down the road, but never too be.

Thanks so far everyone,really don't have any idea if their worth more than 3K working unshopped as they advertise for 3500-4500, thats why I would like to know peoples thoughts on owning them. SWE1 and RFM, Ive seen TNT replace the CRT with an LCD without issues.

The service rails all the way through are great. And there is also a small flap that will auto close when you lift the PF up so that the balls dont drop if you accidentally forget to take the balls out.

Pretty crazy that it was 17 years ago and Stern have no evolved in that respect (due to price I am guessing).

Didn't know there was a special key for the glass only.

There seem to be a LOT of them coming in on containers.

I had a RFM for a few years. Sold mine about a year ago.

I really enjoyed it for the first 6 months or so but slowly grew tired of it after that.

Pros: 3D effects are fun and original.

Different feel and look, stands out from the rest of my pins.

Doesn't disappoint player when first played, rather the opposite.

Very comical graphics and modes, programmers had a great sense of humour. Real fun game.

Simple pinball challenges that are fun and work well with the 3D graphics.

Cons: A bit like a comedy vinyl record. ie. once you have heard the jokes a dozen times or so, they start to wear a bit thin....

You really need a good balance of ambient light to get the full 3D effect. Too much light, ruins this effect.

Game play becomes repetitive. (This can be true with most pinball machines)

Luckily I never had any problems with the PC side of the system, I would imagine a failure in this area would be an expensive pain in the neck...

I think the humour in RFM makes it a winner maybe more than the system pinball 2000

I haven't played a SWe1 since the 90's,I remember being amazed at the time when I first played it, but I have heard they aren't much chop. Would like to judge one again in the near future.

I recommend every pinball collector to own one at least once (maybe for a short time?)...

Life's too short to keep the same pinball line up. Mix it up a bit.

Have had both P2K here and unless you are a Star Wars fan the RFM is a better game fun wise.

Point1 - The PF glass is specific - It must be the graded P2K glass

Point 2 - the power supplies are crap so must be upgraded

point 3 - they are heavy unless you separarate the headbox - engineering degree almost.

I owned a RFM for a few years and loved it. As said, bit repetitive, but game play is decent, and only reached the Boss Battle once. No problems with the PC, upgraded the video with the amplifier to make the graphics pop. Downloaded the PC emulator as a back-up but never had to use it - it does seem to work. Once the court case is settled the replacement emulator should be back up for sale, which is rumored to be soon but who knows.

SWep1 - waste of time. Got the actual replacement kit and put it in for about 1 month. Played it a heap, but it's more like a "show" than a game. Very basic shots, lots of waiting to watch the scenes, not worth getting it.

If you have a biggish collection - say more than 5-6 machines, nice to have for a change, but money would be better spent on traditional game if only 2-3 in the room.

I've owned a RFM for a number of years also.

Just as others have said. If you have a few pins in the collection, it's a nice change to play.

Great to have a few games with friends over a few beers.

Call outs are very funny and a good simple rule set.

I've replaced the tube with an LCD which is not too hard to do.

Not as heavy with the LCD, as @JPD said, they weigh a heap.

• Super Moderator

I'm into my third one now.. As above, can get a bit repetitive, sold it, missed it, bought it again. Rinse and repeat..

Good fun game in a room of pins, it's different and very entertaining.. I always go to it for a fast fun bash.

I was always going to get one but something just a bit better always caught my eye. Played my mates one when I visit and get the bug again. Love the unique factor. It really was different. I wonder if it came out earlier what other titles might have be born.

• 1 month later...

Other really good features are the play field connectors and the rails, makes taking it out completely and working on it a breeze. I have an RFM and a SWE1 playfield, Nicole and an LCD display but put the Duckscan back in because the image does look more nicer than an LCD which shows jagged more VGAish images, more smooth on the tube and it's good even when not boosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade