Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Automobilista - Race Sim for PC

Heads up for anyone who is a race sim fan - a new game called Automobilista is out available on Steam, and is by far the best race sim I've ever played. I think you were able to access it through early access for a while now, but from what I can tell was officially released at the end of August this year. I've only just discovered it myself and it is built on the Rfactor engine.

I'm comparing it to Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 1 & 2 which are similar games in this category of realistic race sim. I can't say what it is like compared to iRacing as I've never played that.

The physics are unbelievable, and you can really feel the force feedback which make it more realistic. For example, when driving Bathurst, and going down the hill, there's a corner I think called "The Dipper" where one of your front wheels leaves the ground momentarily, and you can actually feel this through the wheel. When it touches the ground again you can feel the wheel grip and it's then time to get back on the gas:)

The graphics aren't as good as Project cars, but on par with the rest, and out of the box you'll get a good selection of cars and tracks, and mods are easy to download and install through http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/automobilista-mods.408/ .

The sounds of the V8's are awesome and contribute to the feeling of actually being in the car.

The cost is $40USD or $60USD with a Season DLC Pass, which gives you all future cars and tracks the devs release.

Heads up for anyone who is a race sim fan - a new game called Automobilista is out available on Steam, and is by far the best race sim I've ever played. I think you were able to access it through early access for a while now, but from what I can tell was officially released at the end of August this year. I've only just discovered it myself and it is built on the Rfactor engine.

I'm comparing it to Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 1 & 2 which are similar games in this category of realistic race sim. I can't say what it is like compared to iRacing as I've never played that.

The physics are unbelievable, and you can really feel the force feedback which make it more realistic. For example, when driving Bathurst, and going down the hill, there's a corner I think called "The Dipper" where one of your front wheels leaves the ground momentarily, and you can actually feel this through the wheel. When it touches the ground again you can feel the wheel grip and it's then time to get back on the gas:)

The graphics aren't as good as Project cars, but on par with the rest, and out of the box you'll get a good selection of cars and tracks, and mods are easy to download and install through http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/automobilista-mods.408/ .

The sounds of the V8's are awesome and contribute to the feeling of actually being in the car.

The cost is $40USD or $60USD with a Season DLC Pass, which gives you all future cars and tracks the devs release.

I live and grew up in Bathurst so I know to well the corner in question and the feeling when the tire leaves the track, I'd also like to know if the force feedback is the same for when you hit the wall because I know what that feels like as well :blink:

I live and grew up in Bathurst so I know to well the corner in question and the feeling when the tire leaves the track, I'd also like to know if the force feedback is the same for when you hit the wall because I know what that feels like as well :blink:

ha haaaa

I've ridden my motorbike around Mount Panorama but not in anger, just at their speed limit...never done a track day there but have at other tracks on a bike.

once had a big crash while playing Project Cars, reefed the wheel off the mounts and broke the crappy plastic seat I had in my hyperdrive, so copped some real damage :D Pit crew were very slow fixing that one up.

gave me an excuse to buy a Playseat - which is pretty awesome, best part is it's a full size cockpit that folds away under a Pinball nicely when not in use.

Thanks for the heads up will check it out as I only play Bathurst on Project cars and limited to the V8 Falcon do you know what type of cars are available in regards to V8's ? Also do they have any Aussie classic muscle cars available really want to hit the track in Torana , Monaro or the likes.

Cheers

Oculus Rift Cv1 arrived today....

Does this game support VR?

Not at present. Further details can be found on the following link:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/reiza-studios-automobilista-vr-statement.125699/

VR is awesome in both Assetto Corsa and Project CARS though. You really appreciate how steep Bathurst is when racing over the top of the mountain when using VR.

Thanks for the heads up will check it out as I only play Bathurst on Project cars and limited to the V8 Falcon do you know what type of cars are available in regards to V8's ? Also do they have any Aussie classic muscle cars available really want to hit the track in Torana , Monaro or the likes.

No problems and no classic muscle cars that I've found yet. I'm trying to make a video to show you all the V8 cars it has, and will hopefully post one up soon. It has a lot of the Ford and Holdens from 2015/2016, and one Volvo from each of these years.

Not at present. Further details can be found on the following link:

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...tement.125699/

VR is awesome in both Assetto Corsa and Project CARS though. You really appreciate how steep Bathurst is when racing over the top of the mountain when using VR.

Thanks for the link OzBlackKnight. Sounds like VR may be a way of yet, but I hope they get around to it at some stage. Will be interesting to see what VR they choose?

I uploaded a HD video of me doing one lap out of the pits around Bathurst if you want to take a look. It also shows booting up the game, and quickly looks at all the V8 cars I have loaded for those that are interested. If you want to skip straight to the lap, forward the video to 2:38:)

Wow! reading these threads has got my juices flowing. I've mentioned in another thread that I don't pc sim, I only do ps3 as I've invested a lot of ca$h on a racing rig and most car games for my ps3 and don't really have the space to put a pc.

But having seen this and being able to get most of the games via Steam, I might get myself a Gigabyte Brix or Intel NUC and mount it under my wheel mount (if my knees aren't in the way) so that way I can easily switch between ps3 and pc.

Anyone here used a Brix or NUC or similar to run their setup? I'll only be running it through a 55" tv so no need for multi monitor setup.

And do all the wheels work with these pc games as I currently own a G29 but want to at some stage upgrade to a full fanatec setup?

Here's a contrast, a few laps of Bathurst in a V8 i recorded about 6 months ago - playing Grid Autosport . (video of replay so it's hood cam not cockpit) the last lap it gets a bit wild

i lean towards the simcade type racer more than pure sim, just like to turn the key and go

Damn the graphics on that are nice. Nice drivin:)

Im telling you guys while that video looks okay you must try iracing....it really is on another level to all these games

I've yet to try iracing but the only thing that has discouraged me from doing so it the price. I don't really like paying a monthly fee for games - I just don't play them consistently enough to warrant it:(

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to iracing

That does look better for sure, and you're definitely a better driver than me:) I'd like to give it a go to compare one day....maybe just sign up for a month to see what I think:)

Thats actually not me just a clip from youtube.

I usually race open wheelers and the european GT3 series.

With iracing you eeally need more than a month to get into the swing of it properly and obtain a b license to earn the right to race in most series...a fair bit of time investment is needed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree with that statement however it isn't known for its gameplay unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It depends, i think? what kind of racing you prefer. Full on realism/hardcore simulation, sure iRacing is king right now, I agree. If it wasn't for the subscription model, it would be a lot more popular.

But If you lean more towards flying around at ludicrous speed, want to blast around with incredible looking tracks/cars with the needle pointing more towards fun than pure simulation (but still with some realism) Project Cars can't be beat right now. It's just a shame they borked the career mode on it...

I've been trying to get through Grid Autosport on Hard for the last year or two. It's really deep and challenging and heaps of fun.

The video from before was from a phone, so it's hard to compare to the vid from iracing which is a desktop capture. Grid A at 1080p with everything set to max looks pretty impressive.

Your Rift - what spec PC will you be running it on ?