Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Automobilista - Race Sim for PC

Here's to hoping

Oculus doesn't support SLI mode so having two video cards doesnt really help much.

I'm hoping the CPU spec and 980Ti are enough to support a decent experience...

I'll let you know once i get things running

Edited by Lazarus

I guess the good thing we can bring out of this thread is there's something for everyone. There are so many racing games these days that are all high quality, all with their own benefits, all ranging in different prices to suit different budgets. We have so much to choose from and sometimes you just have to pinch yourself realise how far things have come.

I too am looking forward to VR but have a i7-5820 with GTX970, so not real sure if this will run it :( Will have to do some research before buying I guess.

I guess the good thing we can bring out of this thread is there's something for everyone. There are so many racing games these days that are all high quality, all with their own benefits, all ranging in different prices to suit different budgets. We have so much to choose from and sometimes you just have to pinch yourself realise how far things have come.

I too am looking forward to VR but have a i7-5820 with GTX970, so not real sure if this will run it :( Will have to do some research before buying I guess.

mine is a similar spec to yours. I think an i5/970gtx is reccomended minimum for the Rift / Vive ?

@Lazarus was not aware that the Rift doesn't support SLI. Seems no VR supports SLI yet either, Vive doesn't either.

This paints the 10 series cards in a new light for me. I've yet to look at any benchmark tests for VR + video cards but I guess the 10 series is where it's at for VR right now ?

yea i think you're right regarding the 10 series cards, however my understanding that SLI will be introduced in future for VR headsets.

Despite that, the 1080Ti will be released eventually, so one of those would probably suffice.

I can run iRacing in VR at full detail on my 980Ti without any frame drops.... a constant 90FPS (max) so my setup is sufficent for now.

future generation VR headsets will probably have a higher refresh rate and higher FPS so 1080Ti will be the go.

• 2 weeks later...
So my mate who talked me into getting Automobilista got a one month subscription to iRacing today to test it out. He's been messaging me for the last 8 hours telling me how good it is, so I'm going over his house tomorrow night to have a shot at it. Looks like I'll be getting iRacing now, but might just start off with a month myself to see how it goes.

Hey @Lazarus

How do you like the retail version rift for driving sims ? would love to hear some opinions and thoughts, i'm still hovering around on VR

the playstation's version has been getting some pretty decent reviews based on it's comfort+pricepoint+ console convenience so it's getting even harder to choose now...

So I didnt get to go to my mates house today:( hopefully will get some time on the weekend to have a play around with it. I looked up iracing with the htc vive last night on youtube, bloody hell it looks amazing.