Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cab restore, first steps -advice needed please

Finally able to get around to attempting to get my upright lowboy working.

Discovered this morning that the board I was told was 18 in 1 has turned out to be a Chinese copy of the Jamma 48 in 1 board. Considering the previous owner did not know this, I no longer trust anything he may have said about the cabinet & its problems :(

First steps I want to take are to make sure the power supplies are safe. The 240 to 110 stepdown transformer looks as though it might have suffered some water damage

RIMG0289.thumb.JPG.a0149eae4bb8fda405b5f609de5eb663.JPG

I want to isolate that from everything else so I can check voltages. The mains (240v) runs straight into the distribution box. I have worked out which of the mains cables from there go to other parts of the cab as shown below..

RIMG0288.thumb.JPG.11e56dfc1058913323daaa7bca8726bf.JPG

If I disconnect the fan & switching power supply molex plugs, will that be enough to ensure power is only going to the stepdown transformer, or should I unplug everything else? (the other wires near the deguassing button go to the chassis, & they are already disconnected further up the line.) I also am assuming that by disconnection the switching power supply (the one that distributes 12v & 5v) that all the other functions will get no juice.

Edited by Tazmanian