Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 29 - Game 4 ~ Lady Bug ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

137,760 ... New personal best here after many many tries.

Strategy here was always to get the blue hearts as fast and in the shortest distance possible and then only get the letters when red. Fruit in the middle is only done as an extra when safe and in later levels.

I hath seen hell and it is a centipede like board.

What really kills me is I only had like another 3 pellets before I finished the level.

What an awesome score ... well done for sure ... and how you got there in your commentary!

Only 3 more pellets for an even higher score!!! ...

You have really set the bar now (and on medium too)... 10 hours to go until submissions close ...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm playing on a full size Galaga cabinet with an ArcadeSD (should I post a photo?)

Why do you even ask? Of course you do! Yes we need a "show off" of the machine ... and maybe the player too, with that grin on his face ... from the new Lady Bug high score ... ;)

I have had my cat jump onto the screen to chase the video ... my dog doesn't do anything like that...
... thank goodness for that ... it's a bit crowded when your cat and your dog both chase the Lady Bug ... and you are trying to see where to move your bug for a new high score ... :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lady Bug - I was a bit annoyed with this result. He wanted to play on easy settings as he knows I have been playing this a bit and he wanted to have a chance. I thought this was fair and was looking forward to setting a new PB. I did set a new PB on easy of 130K but he munched past that to his own PB of 150-160K (I can't remember exactly). He took great joy in this win.

I feel it was a massive over reaction because of the pain he suffered in our earlier Mr.Do! game but on reflection I realise that my victory celebrations over Mr. Do! were extreme and over the top and his reaction was justified.

Isn't it great to have friends! ... to smack some gaming banter ... and all those friends you meet in the MGL ... swordfight

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing what can happen in 24 hours ... with only a few hours to go ... the scoreboard has changed dramatically ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Ladybug6_zpslymefzps.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/48144201_70_zpsav9fye7c.jpg

:035:

I think that is it for me.

Really happy with that.

749500070_Ladybug107670.thumb.jpg.8f2c2de4f801b858b47cf31ec4b9b11c.jpg

New personal best here after many many tries.

Great score. It is hard on these settings. Well done.

Isn't it great to have friends! ... to smack some gaming banter ... and all those friends you meet in the MGL ... swordfight

I agree. I enjoy a good trash talk session in person but one of my favourite things about the MGL is the banter and some of the comments on here. Keep 'em coming everyone.:014:

It's 7pm on Sunday 25-September-2016. Score submissions for Game 4 Lady Bug is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LadybugFinal_zps3or7cczi.png

So many great scores were made on this game at a very tough setting … Barra, bigredbird, CWK and Foot all break 100K which is terrific …

Nicko71, Sawys, magrinder, CrazyKongFan, camaro and Fire_Power all work very hard to hit over 70K and keep the leaders honest … great gaming there …

And one gamer gets grilled on what, why and with whom …

So my wife and kids ask why I'm playing these particular games over and over. I said I'm in a tournament.

With who?

I don't know a bunch of guys from Australia.

You'll never win, there are kids and unemployed people that can spend all their time playing these things.

No, I don't think it like that. I think most of these guys are in their 30s and 40s.

Oh so they're losers like you?

Yeah. I guess so.

… and responds magnificently

Congratulations to BandontheRun for winning Game 4 and gobbling up all the vegetables to be king of the bugs! Well done on your MGL game win and proving your wife wrong too. And one suggested correction … it’s a bunch of guys that you do know, from anywhere in the world, including your pals in the US and Australia, anyone that you can bump into in the virtual arcade … no losers here … just great gamers enjoying their gaming!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LadybugMGL29Winner_zpsfmvk3a5d.png

Tetris and Solomon’s Key are currently in play, Games 5 and 6 …

:)

Edited by OOO

It's 7pm on Sunday 25-September-2016. Score submissions for Game 4 Lady Bug is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LadybugFinal_zpsklkdimft.png

So many great scores were made on this game at a very tough setting … Barra, bigredbird, CWK and Foot all break 100K which is terrific …

Nicko71, magrinder, CrazyKongFan, Sawys, camaro and Fire_Power all work very hard to hit over 70K and keep the leaders honest … great gaming there …

And one gamer gets grilled on what, why and with whom …

… and responds magnificently

Congratulations to BandontheRun for winning Game 4 and gobbling up all the vegetables to be king of the bugs! Well done on your MGL game win and proving your wife wrong too. And one suggested correction … it’s a bunch of guys that you do know, from anywhere in the world, including your pals in the US and Australia, anyone that you can bump into in the virtual arcade … no losers here … just great gamers enjoying their gaming!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/LadybugMGL29Winner_zpsfmvk3a5d.png

Tetris and Solomon’s Key are currently in play, Games 5 and 6 …

:)

@OOO You missed Sawys score of 95940 over at TG =( Edited by CWK

Thank you MGL friends!

This was a funny game for me as I never liked it before MGL and now it will be a goto game for me. I really only knew this as a good Colecovision port and never played it much in the arcades.

I'm always happy to have an MGL game that I can play on my ArcadeSD setup since it's a real arcade machine with a CGA.

My MAME setup is a PC with LCD and Xarcade Tankstick.

While the selection of games is better on the PC, playing on the ArcadeSD is much more like a true arcade experience.

Here's a picture of my ArcadeSD Galaga themed cabinet. No Midway coin door and no kick or side art but it's my first and only arcade machine. I bought it with a 60 in 1 and swapped in the ArcadeSD after about 2 months.

Come on by, have a pint and play me in some Ladybug!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160925/14564e48e2ec8598b2723e2ed5a5dac7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

You missed Sawys score of 95940 over at TG =(

Sorry about missing Sawys score ... he did great work to improve his game ... I have just updated the Lady Bug and the overall scoreboard ... so all good now ... :023: