Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LOTR or Spiderman?

Can i ask the owners of both LOTR or Spiderman.

If you were to choose which pin would you get of the 2? Pinwise i like most pins so its just a matter of getting ideas, playing the pins and learning the rules and in the future maybe sell it or keep it. Takes a while for me to grasp if i really dig the machine or not.

I cant find a Walking dead so lets look at other pins. Spidey and LOTR seem to come up for sale used so thats what im looking at.

Thanks

Mark

For me:

LOTR

Love the theme

Awesome art and feels epic playing it

Very deep which is good or bad depending on you

Became a chore to play for me, ball times were too long. Tweaked the hell out of the game, but still had long games

SM

Awesome art and sound package, the whole thing just comes together so fantastically

Moderate depth

Fantastic flow, can be bloody fast

Again, I found this game a bit easy, although the next owner said he rebuilt the flippers and it was even faster. Ball times were long for me

Felt a touch repetitive sometimes and after I while I didn't feel like playing it

This is in a collection with TZ, Wh20, STTNG, TSPP for context.

There both awsome u can't go wrong either way, lord of the rings is my Grail , so I'm a bit bias, but the 2 together would be a great combo, lord of the rings is a journey like the movies it's a long slog an after a decent game you don't want to jump straight back into it to try an correct where u went wrong because it takes a while to get to that point, saying that the way the movie has intergrated in to the pin stern did a fantastic job it's a classy looking machine that deserves its high ranking, an those Le's that are up for sale look great.

Spider-Man I've played a lot but never owned, I totally love it, flows like butter an theme is excellent , I'm no expert on the rules but game has the one more game factor , for me anyway ball times definatly arnt short so seems pretty progressive , seen people play this in the tourney environment an for score they were going doc ock all day which got a little boring, would love to watch someone progress through the game one day, I can't seperate them, there both awsome an so different... Good luck..

I have played both a lot lately and my pick is definitely SM.

Both have pretty long ball times and can be pretty epic games especially when you have a couple of mates around.

LOTR just gets boring and way too epic for my liking. I like a decent ball time but Lotr just ends up being such a chore most of the time. You can't seem to walk up and have a quick game.

For me:

LOTR

Love the theme

Awesome art and feels epic playing it

Very deep which is good or bad depending on you

Became a chore to play for me, ball times were too long. Tweaked the hell out of the game, but still had long games

SM

Awesome art and sound package, the whole thing just comes together so fantastically

Moderate depth

Fantastic flow, can be bloody fast

Again, I found this game a bit easy, although the next owner said he rebuilt the flippers and it was even faster. Ball times were long for me

Felt a touch repetitive sometimes and after I while I didn't feel like playing it

This is in a collection with TZ, Wh20, STTNG, TSPP for context.

Bwodie has nailed this. Spot on. I felt the same. Loved the theme of LOTR but long plays think 45 minutes plus!

Spidey is great for novice as it's just too easy and I'm not a great player.

Go LOTR if you want to emerse yourself in the journey.

Go Spidey if it's just fun factor.

Not sure i agree spidey is easy. Getting to wizard mode is reasonably challenging and completing wizard mode is very challenging.

Both games are very close in my opinion. I did recently sell lotr and keep sm, but i had purchased lotr quite a few years earlier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If TWD is even on your radar. TWD wins by miles! I've owned Lotr and Spiderman and TWD win by miles and miles and miles! I regretted selling Lotr years ago and severely wanted one back but then played it again at Brett's place and the magic had worn off.

Lotr is true to the movies and it's great to play but as Brodie says one game good game is 45min worth! All the call outs are sweet and the playfield is awesome!

Spiderman great game but as Brodie also said it's great a little repetitive. Great looking playfield good call outs.

TWD awesome and makes me want to press start as soon as a game is over which is usually about 30 seconds! Which makes it even more awesome when you get to something like horde! Love TWD and I play it solidly every time ideas out to the games room!

If TWD is even on your radar. TWD wins by miles! I've owned Lotr and Spiderman and TWD win by miles and miles and miles! I regretted selling Lotr years ago and severely wanted one back but then played it again at Brett's place and the magic had worn off.

Lotr is true to the movies and it's great to play but as Brodie says one game good game is 45min worth! All the call outs are sweet and the playfield is awesome!

Spiderman great game but as Brodie also said it's great a little repetitive. Great looking playfield good call outs.

TWD awesome and makes me want to press start as soon as a game is over which is usually about 30 seconds! Which makes it even more awesome when you get to something like horde! Love TWD and I play it solidly every time ideas out to the games room!

Have to agree with Nathan ...

about TWD ....

I have been tempted for a Spiderman But ...

As for LOTR i would still like one again if it was was a LE and had the cash for one ...:cry

unfortunately there are to many good pins out there and i cannot have all of them ...:(

I think all 3 titles are good and would be happy with any of them. I've played a fair bit of all titles and here are my thoughts.

TWD is a difficult game. I like playing it because it is challenging and satisfying when you have a good game but I don't enjoy the gameplay. It feels like a battle most of the time. This is probably OK in a medium sized collection but not if you only have a couple of machines. If you are a solid player this would be the choice.

LOTR & SM are both good players with enjoyable gameplay for the novice to good player.

I had LOTR for 2 months and really enjoyed it, theme, sound and definitely immersive ...but I did find it a chore after I got the shots wired. I haven't missed it once it left.

Have played a bit of SM, both original and vault, and feel it has a bit more variety in the gameplay than LOTR.

Out of the 3 machines, SM would be my choice.

spidey

No the opinions are most welcomed.

I reckon spidey is the go. Seems to be a lot of them around.

WD not many for sale so prices are high for used models.

Whenever i put in a wanted pin the wanted section prices rise by $1000.

Pinball is now a rich mans hobby indeed.

Ill look for a spidey. AC DC pro will go out the door and spidey in. Hopefully i wont be too much outta pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

spidy in SA at the moment but im in vic.

Anybody know this fellow on gumtree?

If you could get a TWD for a fair price I'd go that for sure. Last time I played LOTR I let it drain on the second ball and abandoned the game (I find it very boring!) I have been playing SM a fair bit as one has turned up around the corner from my house. For my money it's an ok pin. So, I'd say SM I guess but I don't know if I'd want to drop any more than $5k on it though.

No the opinions are most welcomed.

I reckon spidey is the go. Seems to be a lot of them around.

WD not many for sale so prices are high for used models.

Whenever i put in a wanted pin the wanted section prices rise by $1000.

Pinball is now a rich mans hobby indeed.

Ill look for a spidey. AC DC pro will go out the door and spidey in. Hopefully i wont be too much outta pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

spidy in SA at the moment but im in vic.

Anybody know this fellow on gumtree?

Good luck finding a SM. They normally sell within seconds if they are good and priced fair. There are lots of them arround but normally not for sale.