Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What edging to use and mounting of playfield glass?

benird

Question

A quick couple of questions for those who have built a VP table before. I've bought PDI glass in the latest order on the Pinball Sales thread. This will arrive at some point soon so I'm wondering how other people have mounted the glass in their VP cabs?

I've bought side rails, and am about to buy a lock down bar from various vendors on here who supply such things.

Would people with experience suggest rebating the glass into the end of the cabinet (ie route a groove along the side panels down 5 or 6 mm for the glass to sit in ro do you rest the glass on the top of the cabinet and not have it seated in the cabinet?

Also what trim/edging do you use around the edges of the glass? Given I've bought a wide body PDI glass is there a widebody playfield glass kit that would be best to use to protect the glass or is any edging fine/better?

Are there any techniques others have used to hold the glass tight in place? I'm thinking of 3D printing wedges to hold the glass in place once I've got it seated in the cabinet.

And a final question, typically are the dimensions of wide body glass 23.75" (~604mm) x 43" (~1092mm)? I'm looking to route the cabinet this weekend so will be cutting any rebates before the glass arrives so I can start cabinet assembly.

3 answers to this question

Wonderful thanks for that! I was looking at these but wanted to make sure I had the right parts.

Thanks again