Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Building new Vewlix clone, need some advice on CP buttons

Hi all, I signed up here a while ago, but never got around to posting, so this is my first post. Hello, happy to be here! :)

I built a stand-up cabinet around 10 years ago which was a good learning experience and have since sold that cabinet & want to do another one, this time a 2P Vewlix clone.

I've been discussing plans, etc with Rob from Arcadeworx and I'm curious to know what others have done in regards to the control panel buttons.

I'll be using an Xbox (original) & an Xbox 360 in the cabinet mainly for emulators and fighting games. The controls will be wired up to a pair of PS360+ boards so I can switch between the two consoles easily. The main controls will have 8 buttons each.

3.JPG.c283fce072b5f2fa78bc8ccf1146a9d2.JPG

Now I'm not sure how many buttons I should have in the middle for back/start/guide, etc and I want to use 24mm Sanwas. Some of the emulators on the original Xbox use the R3 (button on right thumbstick) to bring up menus, so having this button is handy.

The dilemma I have is that I'd like to keep the CP as clean and as authentic as possible, but also like to have the needed buttons accessible somewhere. Some of these buttons won't be needed often so I could mount them elsewhere, would like to know if others have been in a similar situation and what the outcome was.

Thanks.

Edited by Dreamcazman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I just built a vewlix clone and have the 1player 2 player and coin buttons in the middle, to go back menus you just hold the 1 player button then press 2 player. This seems to work quite well I got everything from Rob at Arcadeworks, I would suggest making sure the harness has the small connectors mine has the large ones. The pins on the buttons and joysticks are maybe 1mm wide and the connectors are 4 they sometimes touch and make the button stay on.

Cheers

Hi I just built a vewlix clone and have the 1player 2 player and coin buttons in the middle, to go back menus you just hold the 1 player button then press 2 player. This seems to work quite well I got everything from Rob at Arcadeworks, I would suggest making sure the harness has the small connectors mine has the large ones. The pins on the buttons and joysticks are maybe 1mm wide and the connectors are 4 they sometimes touch and make the button stay on.

Cheers

Hey thanks. Yeah after playing around with the PS360+ board, I'm going with four 24mm buttons along the top, which are for back & start for each player. Some MAME games need the 2P credit button so that's why I opted to have it's own. Using button combinations (which is an awesome feature of the PS360+) will cover anything else that I need.