Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Wars cockpit what's it worth ?

image.thumb.jpg.5e5d3e3f6992865e361b15f0f50d69eb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.73d1a95bccfd790835b7269f9b79e712.jpg

Well guys I've come to a point when I have no more time To complete this but it is nearly there !

Needs yoke wiring done as rats had chewed it and other wiring tidy up

Timber to enclose back of cabinet and general cabinet touch ups

Big shout out to Dez who rebuilt the 25in monitor

Anyway what's your thoughts ?

image.thumb.jpg.bc7fe0f3212e161854e2bc5b8d13075c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.08ecbbe84ce7f6757f6f41d22ee02fab.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why photos keep posting every way but the correct way up ?

- - - Updated - - -

image.thumb.jpg.56fc2624896d8c87a46890969369ae23.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.b255546fe4b44a135cdc7028707d5127.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7117cef6338da1b4d531c4873c27ff56.jpg

The monitor and board set are working (by the looks of it), so that's the major hurdle out of the way. To rewire the yoke controller wouldn't be very difficult, neither would making a few replacement cabinet panels for the front. Of course, a complete working game will always demand a better price, but I'd like to think at least 3K - 3.5K in it's current state.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

I would guess that the combination of condition, percived price and delivery cost/logistics has put people off.

It's a grail for me but I didn't want to waist your time being a tyre kicker so I didn't ring.

Grail

I'll leave that there 😙

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Super Moderator
I would guess that the combination of condition, percived price and delivery cost/logistics has put people off.

It's a grail for me but I didn't want to waist your time being a tyre kicker so I didn't ring.

Grail

I'll leave that there

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

In answer to the OP - what do you think its worth.. Or what is it worth to you.?

I am hesitant to make an offer or say what I would be willing to pay without seeing more pictures and knowing more detail.....but like I said I don't want to waste Surfer Pinball's time being a tyre kicker as I don't think I would be able to get it shipped here safely and at a price I would be willing to pay.

I think Johns-Arcade said in another thread some time ago that these are prone to getting damaged in shipping as well as being costly and difficult to move, is that correct John? Anyway I should stop teasing myself by looking at this thread.

I hope it goes to a good home locally in NSW where someone can complete the restoration and enjoy playing some games on / in it :)

I am hesitant to make an offer or say what I would be willing to pay without seeing more pictures and knowing more detail.....but like I said I don't want to waste Surfer Pinball's time being a tyre kicker as I don't think I would be able to get it shipped here safely and at a price I would be willing to pay.

I think Johns-Arcade said in another thread some time ago that these are prone to getting damaged in shipping as well as being costly and difficult to move, is that correct John? Anyway I should stop teasing myself by looking at this thread.

I hope it goes to a good home locally in NSW where someone can complete the restoration and enjoy playing some games on / in it :)

Like most games of this era, easy does it is the best way to move them. If it were me, I'd drive to the sellers house, and pick it up in person. I did this when I bought my Star Wars cockpit, Packed the wife and kids up and drove from Sydney to Grafton on a Friday after work. We stopped at Nambucca Heads overnight, and drove into Grafton the next day. We basically made a Holiday weekend of it.

- - - Updated - - -

argh the temptation. i dont know much about these cabs but i love the look of it. not sure how difficult it would be to rewire the yoke controller. damn it looks nice :cool:

Very simple job :)

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Like most games of this era, easy does it is the best way to move them. If it were me, I'd drive to the sellers house, and pick it up in person. I did this when I bought my Star Wars cockpit, Packed the wife and kids up and drove from Sydney to Grafton on a Friday after work. We stopped at Nambucca Heads overnight, and drove into Grafton the next day. We basically made a Holiday weekend of it.

It's a long drive from Tasmania :)

It's a long drive from Tasmania :)

Yes it is, but that's what I'd do if it were me. I don't know what the cost is to bring your vehicle over to the mainland, but shipping the game to Tassie and hoping it doesn't get damage would make it worth it to me.

The other issue with the game in it's current state, is without something protecting the monitor (missing panels) the risk of the tube being broken is considerably high.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.