Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mini Cabinet 27"/22"/7"

@KTS82, does the v2 plan assume the same screens you used for this build? If you have time to explain the rough tweaks would be really appreciated.

Yes it does, it's still sized for the 27", 22" & 7" screens. I did these back in December I can't quite remember all the changes but it was mainly taking what I learnt with my first build and improving it. Notches cut for the legs already, a bit of extra length to allow for a bit more room for the faux lockdown and wiring space, hole positioning for the buttons tweaked, the start & exit buttons recessed in and the backbox having a fullsize piece of timber to be a backglass bezel, speaker & dmd panel all in one (also the sides & top of the backbox having grooves for easier positioning and holding it in place) and having the DMD cutout recessed in the back for mounting and the front only for the size of the DMD rather than the whole screen.

I was at the stage of looking for software to convert the SketchUp files into something compatible with a CNC when I hit the crazy 3 months at work and the project got put on hold. I think I may have to hit up @nmercury soon to get started on the second cabinet, and then possibly work on a V3 once I start working on the Poor Mans DOF and see how that goes in the cabinet, and possibly changing the 7" screen for a 10" if I can make it work

Ok, revisiting my files tonight I had made an error with the leg notches on the front panel so I've updated that. There are also some pieces that I never modelled. The crossbar support for the backglass monitor to mount to, a rear panel for the backbox and a panel to extend under the backglass to the top of the monitor for mounting an LED flasher and to fill that space.