Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini Cabinet 27"/22"/7"

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Been a while since I did any work on the cab, it's been functional so I've been focused on putting on new tables and playing them but I just had 4 days off work so I pulled apart the working cabinet and started on the cosmetics. Sprayed with the black, then applied the vinyl. Still a bit messy, amd a few bubbles in the vinyl that I'll need to get at with a heat gun to smooth out.

It's now back to the internals, fixing up the wiring and finally setting up the nudge function. And then probably onto a version 2 cabinet haha
    Last edited by KTS82; 25th October 2016 at 01:16 PM.

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    Nice job. I have the same playfield monitor on my testbench setup and it's great, especially considering it's a 27" IPS panel and only cost me $259!

When you come to doing your "version 2" drop me a line as I'm working on a new Pinscape based encoder which, in it's basic form, will offer analog nudging (it has an inbuilt accelerometer) and 15 button inputs for about the same price as an I-PAC2.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTS82 View Post

Great work! Love the .gif too!

What are the dimensions of this mini cab? looks like it's has standard legs so I assume standard height? what are your other dimensions?

I have never considered VP never mind a mini cab, but this one is making me think again...

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    I've only been on the arcade side of the forum and never heard of virtual pinball until seeing that animated gif. I think I now need to make one of these! Is there a good guide around on the forums with hardware/software guide?

Nice work to the thread op, looks awesome.

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post
    Nice job. I have the same playfield monitor on my testbench setup and it's great, especially considering it's a 27" IPS panel and only cost me $259!

When you come to doing your "version 2" drop me a line as I'm working on a new Pinscape based encoder which, in it's basic form, will offer analog nudging (it has an inbuilt accelerometer) and 15 button inputs for about the same price as an I-PAC2.
    Yeah, the 27" monitor is a real bargain. When/if I build a second I'll for sure be getting my parts again from you. The zebs board is a neat little unit, it was super easy to wire up but I had no intention of adding a plunger and really prefer the cost of an iPac

I also have a buddy who wants me to help him make a full size unit for his mancave, we'll see if I can talk him into a Pin2DMD as well

Quote Originally Posted by nmercury View Post
    Great work! Love the .gif too!

What are the dimensions of this mini cab? looks like it's has standard legs so I assume standard height? what are your other dimensions?

I have never considered VP never mind a mini cab, but this one is making me think again...
    Thanks, at the moment with the levellers all the way in the front of the cabinet sits at 900mm. Cabinet was based on a Williams cab, front to back is 850mm, the cabinet is 450mm high at the back and 365mm at the front, then another 485mm high for the backbox. I'm more than happy to share my SketchUp files, the V2 cabinet has been designed as seperate parts so I can get a quote on CNC cutting. I think I've hit the limit on what I can do with a circular saw and a drill (but I'm damn happy I've done all this myself and with only 2 power tools)

Quote Originally Posted by g5k View Post
    I've only been on the arcade side of the forum and never heard of virtual pinball until seeing that animated gif. I think I now need to make one of these! Is there a good guide around on the forums with hardware/software guide?

Nice work to the thread op, looks awesome.
    I was initially going to build a bartop MAME unit, I've been wanting to build a cabinet for ages but then stumbled onto the pincabs, I'd heard of them but never saw them and was blown away.

As for a guide, I never really saw a good one. I went to about 5 forums/websites for software and tips, outdated information in google searches and a painful process. It was a daunting process but plenty of helpful people around to point you in the right direction.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Wonder if it would be worth looking at the cheap 4K TVs that you can pickup now from jb like hisense. 4K would look nuts if the PC can drive it

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Thanks, at the moment with the levellers all the way in the front of the cabinet sits at 900mm. Cabinet was based on a Williams cab, front to back is 850mm, the cabinet is 450mm high at the back and 365mm at the front, then another 485mm high for the backbox. I'm more than happy to share my SketchUp files, the V2 cabinet has been designed as seperate parts so I can get a quote on CNC cutting. I think I've hit the limit on what I can do with a circular saw and a drill (but I'm damn happy I've done all this myself and with only 2 power tools)
    Well once you get your V2 plans in order, give me a yell as I have a CNC table router at my work which will do the job. We have done a few pinball related jobs lately...
    Playfield Being Routed.jpg
    As long as you don't mind me making a second set..

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nmercury View Post
    Well once you get your V2 plans in order, give me a yell as I have a CNC table router at my work which will do the job. We have done a few pinball related jobs lately...
    Playfield Being Routed.jpg
    As long as you don't mind me making a second set..
    Might just have to take you up on that, are you in Melbourne by any chance?

Nevermind, just saw your profile and I was out for the last Bayside Pinball Club meet so yes, you are

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that looks amazing. Well done!

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Might just have to take you up on that, are you in Melbourne by any chance?

Nevermind, just saw your profile and I was out for the last Bayside Pinball Club meet so yes, you are
    The last Bayside meet was in Nunawading, this is where the CNC is at...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information