Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE Part 10: NEW ZEALAND (2nd-5th March 2017)

Who's going to help Karl cook the Sat morn breakfast for everyone? Still a month to go, Jeff. Can't you try a but harder to come over?
As much as I'd like to help that top fella Karl out it was hard enough to get a job at my age to abandon it:(. Thanks anyway, next year with bells on;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Transport

@gameroom @Dicky as you guys are arriving well before Pincade starts, I can offer to pick you up from the airport and take you to your accommodation.

You can hire a car, of course. Taxis into the city (use the Cheap Taxi Company for $38), Uber is ok but don't walk or hitch hike!

People are staying at the Phoenix Palms, Alpers Lodge and Proximity Apartments. There's an Ibis at the airport however ther's not much around the airport so you'd need a car.

Peak times are 3 to 5pm and it can take an hour to get to the city then.

Let me know, cheers!

@Crafty I saw you were interested in coming over. Any later news?

Registrations and Payments

Hi everyone

There is only 7 days to go before we impose the $20 late fee to your payment. We don't want to impose the fee but we need the time to allow us to print people's name tags, order their clothing and secure their pinball raffle numbers (last two both optional).

Please don't leave payment to the last moment as I need time to process people's requests.

Certainly, if you register after the 12th Feb, you will have a hand written name tag. You will probably miss out on clothing and the pinball raffle (about 30 tickets have already been sold).

Thanks

Yee.

Here is an outline of the 3 IFPA comps I am running for Pincade.

The 3 comps feature every era of pinball from 1970 onwards. Sorry woodrail fans. :)

1/ Apartment Comp - Central City, Thursday from 6pm.

Comp run by me and PaulOz

Basically a "Sternament". All new modern machines with the two Spooky games thrown in. 2 or 3 strike tournament (depending on numbers), played as 4 player games. Bottom two players get strikes.

2/ World Sys11 Championships - Pukekohe, Sunday from 9am

Comp run by me and PaulOz. Looking for some volunteer scorers with Matchplay accounts.

All players qualify on a bank of 10 System 11 games. One game on each machine. Top score on a machine earns 100 points, 2nd is 95, 3rd is 90 etc.

Top 32 qualifiers enter best of 3 game head to head matchplay from around 2-2.30pm. Final is Best of 5.

3/ Pincade Classics Comp - Pukekohe, Sunday from 9am.

Comp run by BJ and Mike Davidson. Again, some volunteer scorers would be appreciated.

Basically the same format as Sys11 Champs. Each player plays one game on a bank of 8 EM and SS games. We ask that you play your Sys11 qualifying games FIRST before playing the Classics. Classics finals will take place after Sys11 Comp has concluded (should be around 6pm)

All Pukekohe Comp games will be in "the Competition Zone" ie my garage ... leaving plenty of games in the gamesroom for everyone to play when they aren't competing.

Those who have been to our NZ comps know we smash them through, no lunch breaks, no popping off up the road for fish n chips or beers, so make sure you plan ahead, bring your food, bring your drinks, bring a cool bag for your stuff, and get to the venues on time or you'll miss out. :)

PS At Pukekohe, we will have a food truck with good quality hot brekky burgers, burgers, hot dogs and hot chips. There will also be a coffee cart on site. Both will be open from 9am. Bring some cash.

What's a Brekky Burger? It's bacon,egg,hash browns,mushrooms,tomato & hollandaise sauce. $12. Sounds like a whole meal. :)

All good!

rd

Ok Dave,

Hope that someone knows your adress... But it seems ok with the big tower nearby.

Will be there on time.

If you need help for the scores, I ll be there.

2 comps in puke, really new !

Burgers are excellent ! Very nice ! For thursday night we bring our own food ? but no BBQ I suppose ?

Ok Dave,

Hope that someone knows your adress

Burgers are excellent ! Very nice ! For thursday night we bring our own food ? but no BBQ I suppose ?

Food on Thursday night to be advised. Maybe we will have pizza.

Yee will send out the addresses to all the attendees.

rd

- - - Updated - - -

The Sterns are already being assembled at the apartment for the Thursday Sternament!

IMG_4256.thumb.jpg.3e16f7aa20830079bb454a5fb8528a2a.jpg

Look for the big tower thing! Hopefully it is vertical when you see it! (Stupid AA photo attachments grrrrr)

IMG_0211.thumb.jpg.88854b54c27b0b2dc80fc5937b343484.jpg

Food on Thursday night to be advised. Maybe we will have pizza.

Yee will send out the addresses to all the attendees.

rd

- - - Updated - - -

The Sterns are already being assembled at the apartment for the Thursday Sternament!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105211[/ATTACH]

Look for the big tower thing! Hopefully it is vertical when you see it! (Stupid AA photo attachments grrrrr)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105212[/ATTACH]

Sorry Dave, it's horizontal. I hate that too as in no facility to rotate pics. looks fine in preview usually but..

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking Sternoroom:)

Hi everyone

There is only 7 days to go before we impose the $20 late fee to your payment. We don't want to impose the fee but we need the time to allow us to print people's name tags, order their clothing and secure their pinball raffle numbers (last two both optional).

Please don't leave payment to the last moment as I need time to process people's requests.

Certainly, if you register after the 12th Feb, you will have a hand written name tag. You will probably miss out on clothing and the pinball raffle (about 30 tickets have already been sold).

Thanks

Yee.

Thanks for the reminder Yee. I'll be paying for the Gold package in the next couple of days.

Here is an outline of the 3 IFPA comps I am running for Pincade.

The 3 comps feature every era of pinball from 1970 onwards. Sorry woodrail fans. :)

1/ Apartment Comp - Central City, Thursday from 6pm.

Comp run by me and PaulOz

Basically a "Sternament". All new modern machines with the two Spooky games thrown in. 2 or 3 strike tournament (depending on numbers), played as 4 player games. Bottom two players get strikes.

2/ World Sys11 Championships - Pukekohe, Sunday from 9am

Comp run by me and PaulOz. Looking for some volunteer scorers with Matchplay accounts.

All players qualify on a bank of 10 System 11 games. One game on each machine. Top score on a machine earns 100 points, 2nd is 95, 3rd is 90 etc.

Top 32 qualifiers enter best of 3 game head to head matchplay from around 2-2.30pm. Final is Best of 5.

3/ Pincade Classics Comp - Pukekohe, Sunday from 9am.

Comp run by BJ and Mike Davidson. Again, some volunteer scorers would be appreciated.

Basically the same format as Sys11 Champs. Each player plays one game on a bank of 8 EM and SS games. We ask that you play your Sys11 qualifying games FIRST before playing the Classics. Classics finals will take place after Sys11 Comp has concluded (should be around 6pm)

All Pukekohe Comp games will be in "the Competition Zone" ie my garage ... leaving plenty of games in the gamesroom for everyone to play when they aren't competing.

Those who have been to our NZ comps know we smash them through, no lunch breaks, no popping off up the road for fish n chips or beers, so make sure you plan ahead, bring your food, bring your drinks, bring a cool bag for your stuff, and get to the venues on time or you'll miss out. :)

PS At Pukekohe, we will have a food truck with good quality hot brekky burgers, burgers, hot dogs and hot chips. There will also be a coffee cart on site. Both will be open from 9am. Bring some cash.

What's a Brekky Burger? It's bacon,egg,hash browns,mushrooms,tomato & hollandaise sauce. $12. Sounds like a whole meal. :)

All good!

rd

Myself and @jagojp and @Audioenslaved (and maybe a couple of others?) are arriving at the airport at 5pm. So we probably won't make the 6pm comp. I'm sure we will turn up and have fun spectating anyway!

Thanks for the reminder Yee. I'll be paying for the Gold package in the next couple of days.

Myself and @jagojp and @Audioenslaved (and maybe a couple of others?) are arriving at the airport at 5pm. So we probably won't make the 6pm comp. I'm sure we will turn up and have fun spectating anyway!

You should be ok. There is a Skybus stop in Symonds Street, it is about 200mtrs from my apartment.

I dare say we will start 630 anyway to allow some leeway.

rd

Edited by rotordave

I think Nate Furbs and I were getting a vehicle [emoji594]. They arrive at 5 and me a tad later.

Step off the plane, into a car then into a comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thing that I want to tell (even if I come from far away, France is a nice place to visit, trust me)

It s been 4 years that I really enjoy pincade athmosphere, bbq' s with marinated lamb and cold beer to bring my own.

Very friendly atmosphere throughout the venues.

It s been more than 20 years that i travel everywhere where competition is hard, and we play to win.

I am now an old player really enjoying sharing something more than competing, hope that Daniele Acciari, Jorgen Holm, Mats Runsten (I really appreciate those guys)

could feel the same way as I do, and could afford the trip to discover something else.

I spread the word every year about pincade, always wear t shirt on every important european meetings, but unfortunately unable to create the motivation of a bbq with the sunshine, pinball and fresh beers, with friendly people (and that is what pincade is all about).

Feel sad about that fact, because a lot of people buys 10 k + pinball and will never discover the pleasure to be a part of pincade, such a selfish attitude.

Was not born to be that way, was not supposed to be european pinball champion 3 times, and else. Was not supposed to be an hard core pinball player when I was a teen.

But there is nothing as good as pincade.

It ll be my real pleasure to celebrate the 10 th pincade the best way that I can. And if the number 11 is on his way, I will be there, even if I am the only one from Europe and I apologise for that, I will be there to support it as I really love it.

One month to go to share a pizza at dave s place in AKL and eventually a few beer' s.

One month to not be able to play the best TZ in the world I ve ever played in Pauloz place (but hoping that he have some pin s left).

One month to meet very friendly people (even if I bring some gin that is to be fast to be drank !!)

So, pinball marathon is nice, pincade come after that, perfect schedule !

Keep the beer fresh my friends ! Only one month (or less.. to go)

One month to not be able to play the best TZ in the world I ve ever played in Pauloz place (but hoping that he have some pin s left).

Hi Franck

You're going to be sad about this. While the Pincade schedule hasn't been finalized yet, Pauloz will not be hosting. Unfortunately he will be having builders and painters working on his house so his house is off limits to us. I'm 99% sure that he'll host again next year. We will have some new venues to people to visit. Stay tuned.

Something strange happened to my Funhouse.

It was a dirty slagged out container pin. I kinda liked it so I had our local pinball restorer, Kerry, work his magic.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%2010/IMG_2198_zpssdsffsaq.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%2010/IMG_2200_zpsggbko7ek.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%2010/IMG_2201_zpsois4krlq.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%2010/IMG_2202_zpslcnexbc2.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/Kiwi%20Pincade%2010/IMG_2204_zpssyjgentt.jpg

Just got it home a couple of hours ago. Too good to for people to play during Pincade so it'll be on display only.

Hah! Got ya, just kidding. I bet it'll get an absolute thrashing!

Pincade schedule finalized

Hi attendees

The schedule for Pincade 2017 is now finalized:

Thursday 2nd March 1pm kick off at BJ's place (Birkdale, North Shore) until 5pm. Light snacks provided.

6pm onwards at rotorDave's apartment in the CBD. Kiwi Pincade Auckland comp starts at 6.30pm sharp. Pizzas provided at 8pm. Many of the latest Stern pinballs plus America's Most Haunted and Rob Zombie.

Friday 3rd March 11am until 4.30pm Mike's place (Grey Lynn). A fantastic collection of pinballs, consoles, handheld games. Lunch provided.

6pm onwards at Nikki and David's place (Remuera). A huge collection of video games (drivers & shooting), pinballs, air hockey, basketball etc. BBQ and salads provided. Bring your own meat.

Saturday 4th March 9am to 1.30pm Karl's place (Pakuranga). A sizeable collection of pinballs. The best breakfast in town.

2pm onwards Yee's place (Lynfield). A large collection of pinballs including the Wizard of Oz, the Hobbit, a restored Funhouse, many Bally/Williams and the latest Stern pinball. Plus early arcade games games including Space Invaders, Galaga, Moon Patrol. Pincade golf comp (Not IFPA but prizes for the top 3 players). BBQ and salads provided. Bring your own meat.

Willie's place is about 400 metres from Yee's place so we are co-hosting.

2pm to 5pm Willie's place (Lynfield) for people who live out of Auckland.

5pm to 8pm Willie's place for Aucklanders.

Sunday 5th March 9am until late rotor Dave's place (Pukekohe) Two comps held during the day/night. The Second World System 11 Champs & a Classics comp. No food supplied but there will be a couple of vendors selling food and coffee.

The addresses for the venues will be sent out closer to the event for security reasons. If you haven't received the addresses by the 25th Feb, PM me and I'll pass on the info.

Cheers

Yee.

Edited by rocky2

• Administrators

New Australian attendees to Pincade take note of the Yee/Willie co-hosting arrangements. Willie's room is a must see for all Pincade virgins (first timers). Make sure you allow enough time to get to see Willie's room or you will regret it :) There is not huge amount of room in there so get in early as there is a LOT to see............

PS, Willie does love it when people are enjoying playing his games :)

Dave

Hi attendees

The schedule for Pincade 2017 is now finalized:

Thursday 2nd March 1pm kick off at BJ's place (Birkdale, North Shore) until 5pm. Light snacks provided.

6pm onwards at rotorDave's apartment in the CBD. Auckland Invitational comp starts at 7pm sharp. Pizzas provided at 8pm. Many of the latest Stern pinballs plus America's Most Haunted and Rob Zombie.

Friday 3rd March 11am until 4.30pm Mike's place (Grey Lynn). A fantastic collection of pinballs, consoles, handheld games. Lunch provided.

6pm onwards at Nikki and David's place (Remuera). A huge collection of video games (drivers & shooting), pinballs, air hockey, basketball etc. BBQ and salads provided. Bring your own meat.

Saturday 4th March 9am to 1.30pm Karl's place (Pakuranga). A sizeable collection of pinballs. The best breakfast in town.

2pm onwards Yee's place (Lynfield). A large collection of pinballs including the Wizard of Oz, the Hobbit, a restored Funhouse, many Bally/Williams and the latest Stern pinball. Plus early arcade games games including Space Invaders, Galaga, Moon Patrol. Pincade golf comp (Not IFPA but prizes for the top 3 players). BBQ and salads provided. Bring your own meat.

Willie's place is about 400 metres from Yee's place so we are co-hosting.

2pm to 5pm Willie's place (Lynfield) for people who live out of Auckland.

5pm to 8pm Willie's place for Aucklanders.

Sunday 5th March 9am until late rotor Dave's place (Pukekohe) Two comps held during the day/night. The Second World System 11 Champs & a Classics comp. No food supplied but there will be a couple of vendors selling food and coffee.

The addresses for the venues will be sent out closer to the event for security reasons. If you haven't received the addresses by the 25th Feb, PM me and I'll pass on the info.

Cheers

Yee.

New Australian attendees to Pincade take note of the Yee/Willie co-hosting arrangements. Willie's room is a must see for all Pincade virgins (first timers). Make sure you allow enough time to get to see Willie's room or you will regret it :) There is not huge amount of room in there so get in early as there is a LOT to see............

PS, Willie does love it when people are enjoying playing his games :)

Dave

Agree with the pincade virgin visit to Willies as when we let my Mark head in for his inaugural visit. The look on his face was priceless.