Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Favorite Cocktail game

Hi All,

Rebuilding my dedicated mame machine for my Home Pin / Hankin Cocktail cabinet (OS is now Windows 10)

It's all set up, but was using Romlister and noticed it didn't output in it's list some games it should have.

Anyway to help add in some more games, what are your favourites? Either Vertical or Horizontal, but must be able to do screen flipping (Cocktail mode)

Cheers

Vertical

Commando

Terra Cresta

Qix

Galaga

Gyruss

Space Invaders Cocktail (can't recall exact name but allows players to play at same time on both sides and can shoot each other)

Centipede

Donkey Kong

Q-Bert

Frogger

Horizontal

Moon Patrol

Rally X

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Sweet guys.

So far have only gone through @SpudJones list.

Had 3 from the list, promptly added the others and tested.

We check with all other recommendations tomorrow, can't believe some of the ones mentioned I love and have not checked if they are there or not!.

One interesting, but annoying thing I;ve found.

Moon patrol, and Phoenix both have issues for the 2nd player.

Moon Patrol, the vehicle sprite is almost all the way to the right, making it unplayable.

Phoenix, the screen is garbled down one side, the rest is shifted to the side.

Anyone seen this, and know how to fix?, only for the 2nd player when the screen is flipped//

Space Invaders Cocktail (can't recall exact name but allows players to play at same time on both sides and can shoot each other)

Yep I had that when I had a mame cocktail you mean this one

a great game for two players.

I like cocktail games like where two players can play on the screen at the same time, that is why I bought Space Duel it's classic engaging team play but really requires the original cab so that you can have proper controls and the colour vector goodness. You could try mapping the ship rotation to joystick and see how you go though, you would need three buttons also.

Another favourite cocktail of mine is Karate Champ - Player Vs Player......but as that has four joystick on the one side it's not really practical for you :)

THakns guys, @g5k @poidapoida, @Morty Moose

Thanks for these, there were a few I missed adding in.

How could I forgot Ghost N Goblins, Rygar, Xain'd Sleen (played this heaps as a kid).

@Rat, yep Space Invaders II. I added this one from the beginning, son and I love playing this.

I found an aspect ration of 4:4 seems the best compromise for horizontal games on a vertical screen.

Anyone else with other suggestions.

Any modern Shmups that have cocktail mode??

Here's a list of simple maze games that are cool. Browse the MGL threads for other hidden gem games.

Armour Car

Check Man

Eggor

Eyes

Hot Shocker

Loc 'n' Chase

Marvin's Maze

Mr TNT

NATO Defense

Net Wars

Space Chaser

Super Glob