Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL 29 - Game 1 ~ Ghouls 'n Ghosts ~ [FINISHED]

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Using this as an opportunity to test the Raspberry Pi. Have played the prequal but never this. Tough game.

ghou0001.png

State
    Ontario
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    Nice score Clay! ...

Do me and the members at AA a favour please ... you being from Canada and a pretty good player ... ... tell us a bit about yourself ...
    How did you get into CAG, which arcades you visited BITD, your favourite games and any great gaming stories to tell ...
    Yes please post a few paragraphs ... that would be neat ...

And what do we need to do to get your fellow country man, aka The Pro ... also my aka for this dude, Mr Capcom ... Martin Bedard ... to put in a coin and have a game and tell us his story?
    I first got into CAG's when I was probably about 10. I believe the first game I ever played was double dragon at a 7 Eleven. There was a beer store where there was always empties to find and cash for quarters. When I was about 13 I got a paper route and all my earnings went into the arcade pretty much daily for maybe a couple years. I think there were 4 or 5 arcades BITD here. The Funtown uptown was my favorite. My favorite game there was Wonder Boy Monster Land then they had Bubble Bobble and the Deluxe Street Fighter 1 cabinet there minus the Pressure controls. One time I think I played for about 8 hrs to see if the score would max at 9,999,999 but it rolled over. I did visit an arcade at a mall in Toronto one while shopping and destroyed the competition in Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition until no one joined in anymore. Never met or talked to Martin. Well here are some pics I took today.
    IMG_0680.jpg
    2 of my cabs and have a Toobin' and 2 Dynamo cabs at my mom's. Maybe I can take pics of them next weekend. The Street fighter was my first and I believe it to originally be a Mortal Kombat. A buddy helped me pick it up and we played it standing in the back of his truck before bringing it inside. Would of posted a pic of that but it died with an old PC. The old lady definitely does not like these in the living room. Oh well, not everyone can be happy
    IMG_0682.jpg
    The blue bins are filled with arcade PCB's
    IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    More arcade PCB's on a top shelf in the closet
    IMG_0685.jpg
    My gaming setup with my pride and joy, The BVM 20F1E. The one on top usually gets used as a speaker due to no speaker in the BVM. RGB is the only way to go
    IMG_0686.jpg
    More arcade PCB's and some marquees
    Last edited by CWK; 29th August 2016 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)
    Enjoying this one more than BB. Also finally made the accomplishment of passing level 1 without dying.
    I prefer the spears to just about any other weapon and can't seem to figure out the value of the "super armor" that lets you shoot up and across by holding down the fire button. That is, no really effective way to use that power.
    I am finding that shooting upwards is a great help.
    Also nice to be able to skip the intro scene after repeated attempts...

State
    Ontario
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Enjoying this one more than BB. Also finally made the accomplishment of passing level 1 without dying.
    I prefer the spears to just about any other weapon and can't seem to figure out the value of the "super armor" that lets you shoot up and across by holding down the fire button. That is, no really effective way to use that power.
    I am finding that shooting upwards is a great help.
    Dagger is my favorite weapon. The super armor is dependent on your current weapon

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Another game I've not played... and one that really demands a controller of some sorts. I didn't know you could skip the intro screen. How did you go about that?

State
    Canberra
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    What do you mean by demands a controller? A control pad rather than a joystick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magrinder View Post
    Another game I've not played... and one that really demands a controller of some sorts. I didn't know you could skip the intro screen. How did you go about that?
    Just press the fire button during the intro

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy View Post
    What do you mean by demands a controller? A control pad rather than a joystick?

I only have a laptop for the moment and am using laptop arrow keys. I have a controller arriving in a week (hopefully).

State
    Noble Park, Vic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Woot Beat my previous pb from the last mgl this came up in, first go too
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outrun86 View Post
    playing in just your boxers is optional
    It is a fun option and sure gets me in the mood for some serious princess saving......but it's a bit cold here in Tassie now that the sun has gone down so I'm going to slip my tracksuit pants and ugg boots on

Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information