Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Digital hype arcade?

Hi all, im very new to this forum thing so please bare with me.

Im looking at ordering a standing arcade machine from digital hype arcade in hackam, south australia.

Been a dream for a long time and wanted to know if anyone has ordered from them before and could tell me if they are any good.

Thanks. 😊

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rogues - welcome to AA!

Cheers

Brett

@Arcade King I've noticed that in the last day or so, we've lost the "Welcome to AA" button on Introduction Forum threads. Also you might want to move this thread into the Arcade section or get Rogues to re-post his question (I'll leave that one up to you). Thanks

• Administrators
Hi Rogues - welcome to AA!

Cheers

Brett

@Arcade King I've noticed that in the last day or so, we've lost the "Welcome to AA" button on Introduction Forum threads. Also you might want to move this thread into the Arcade section or get Rogues to re-post his question (I'll leave that one up to you). Thanks

Should be ok now.

Hi all, im very new to this forum thing so please bare with me.

Im looking at ordering a standing arcade machine from digital hype arcade in hackam, south australia.

Been a dream for a long time and wanted to know if anyone has ordered from them before and could tell me if they are any good.

Thanks.

Hmm that is certainly one way to go.

Can I ask

- are you only interested in one machine ever ? Or will this be the start.

- they are not the cheapest around but certainly get you sorted with a working new machine.

- Do you want to build your own but are unsure if you can? We have all been there

- Budget?

I am sure there are more but will wait to hear what it is you want :)

Gday crafty,

Thanks for the reply mate.

Ive had plans to someday have a few of them, but this one has over 10,000 games so itl save me buying more and can free up room for a couple pinball machines in the future and a buck hunter style shooter game.

Not honestly too keen on building my own right now. maybe in the future at some point, but not now.

It struck me as a great deal for the amount of games.

The budget im looking at for the moment is around $2500- $3000.

Cheers.

Don't be tricked by the number of games. That is just a common XXXin1 multigame board from China. They are a dime a dozen and available anywhere for between $80~150

Oh - welcome to AA

My advice is NOT to jump and buy straight away - research and read up the many threads on this forum before parting with your hard earned.

Do further investigation honestly.

There is a sponsor on AA that sells cabinet's flatpack for you to finish off. So pretty IKEA like I suppose.

Secondly with that many games I assume he is running hyperspin on a pc, which if you have a reasonable pc is free to download and plenty on here can help with advice for that.

Otherwise for a balanced opinion if you are committed to buy plug and play, try (for comparison only) Dany at Gameroom Essentials in Adelaide, who sells Homepin Arcade cabinets (Lot's of threads on here about those and they are both sponsors of AA), or there is a seller in Adelaide who sells on Gumtree. I have met all these people (Dany and Peter from Gumtree) and they are both honest. I also get nothing from this recommendation to be clear.

Peter is Kingsarcade here on AA

See Mike (homepin) already here :)

Cheers homepin.

Yeah, thats why im here before i buy mate, get a bit of expert advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent.

Thanks for that, it puts my mind at ease.

Ill do that.

• 1 month later...
If you check out their units, most run a raspberry pi inside them, and the really expensive uprights have a JAMMA setup, pretty over priced in my opinion, probably best to keep an eye out here for anyone selling one off or eBay have some specials sometimes. The digital hype look nice but if I was spending the three grand they want for an upright I'd be building my own beast.

Hey Rogues... I'm looking at the exact same thing. New to all this and have no idea how to build my own. Completely baffles me actually. I just want the result. I was looking at their 4 player upright. I actually love the machines from Dream Home Arcades but they are US based. Any further feedback or thoughts welcomed.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

New to all this and have no idea how to build my own. Completely baffles me actually. I just want the result.

And this is why they end up charging so much.

If you look on here in the for sale threads you will see lots of cabinet's for sale by members to members. Contact a frequent seller privately and you might be surprised how soon you will get something. Lastly what 4 player game must you have? There are not that many (TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men 6 player actually, NBA Jam) probably more but these can all be played in a 2 player cabinet.

Thanks crafty. I'll certainly take the feedback on board and take a look around first. I do want TMNT, Simpsons and Jam. I figured if I'm going to get one I might as well cater for those things. Getting the guns and recoil kit seems to be a harder task so that's on the radar also.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bit of a thread revivial, but how did you go with the digital hype arcade? Thinking of ordering one of their hyperdecks for the kids.

Hi,

I'm not the original person who was talking about the Digital Hype Arcade (obviously lol), but I purchased a console from them at the end of December, and it just arrived this week.

Just wanted to advise you, please hold off on buying anything from them as I'm currently having an issue - the second person controller doesn't work, the 2 Xbox controllers are not syncing, and their support and sales toll free phone numbers are disconnected even though they advised me by email to contact them on those numbers.

I made an account purely to respond to your post, as worst case scenario - I may have wasted my money and have to take further action, and would rather not see this happen to someone else.

Will update as to whether this is rectified or not.

My buddy bought one, the sound only works 5% of the time, he cannot figure out why.

Their support has been absolutely dismal, bordering on non existent. I would avoid!!!

I wish I had known this at Christmas lol Thanks for letting me know though!

I guess the lesson here is........

If your baffled by how to build one of these cabinets,

You can multiply that by x10 when you have problems with a "10,000 Game Cabinet" that cost a small fortune to buy and can't get support for.

Basically the cabinet is the expensive part - The 10,000 game wowser advertising is just a a lie.

(The MAJORITY of those 10,000 games are the same games with different names)

As far as rolling your own - You can do all your game setup on your home PC BEFORE moving them to an arcade cabinet.

ie. Buy an arcade shell - Put a monitor, Sound Amp & Controls in yourself.

Thats it (With some learning along the way).

As far as rolling your own - You can do all your game setup on your home PC BEFORE moving them to an arcade cabinet.

100% this.

Even better would be to used some sort of mirrored setup and just image clone the test drive with each update you make. But that's a bigger outlay to jump in with, I suppose.

Their software is lacking. They basically just use a pre-made Rpi image and blindly throw it on with no specific configuration. Lots of people reporting controller and screen issues which are easily rectified via proper configuration.

One downside to all the pre-made Rpi images. Lots of people use them to exploit and make cash but have no idea what they're doing.

Yeah, purchased it and it's pretty garbage, so currently seeing if they will refund the money due to unit not being as described and not fit for sale (30% of mame games don't work, x box controllers don't work, some games unplayable due to lag). otherwise will raise the issue with my credit card and have the funds refunded through them. Will be having a closer look on here and seeing what else is recommended, as the unit was a big disappointment for the kids.

Yeah, purchased it and it's pretty garbage, so currently seeing if they will refund the money due to unit not being as described and not fit for sale (30% of mame games don't work, x box controllers don't work, some games unplayable due to lag). otherwise will raise the issue with my credit card and have the funds refunded through them. Will be having a closer look on here and seeing what else is recommended, as the unit was a big disappointment for the kids.

don't forget, technically what they are doing is illegal (selling the machines with roms/games) so that may help get a refund.