Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 29 - RULES - WATCH THE TUBE on page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98364[/ATTACH]

Way behind on paying here but hope to get a least a bit of game time on real controllers early next week. It'll be my last weekend on the crappy laptop.

@Barra I think you've written about Mr.Do!s Nightmare in the past, but in a different context. I think it related to your general feelings on Mr.Do! games in general (MDWR aside of course).

Neat selection bigredbus. Say, what's the thing way in the back left that sits on a stand? I don't suspect I've ever seen that before or for that matter, have a clue as to what it's for. Is it some sort of Mr.Do! point pressing contraption?

I'm waiting on Gunsmoke (another game I've never played) as it seems like a stick with buttons is the only way to go.

Neat selection bigredbus. Say, what's the thing way in the back left that sits on a stand? I don't suspect I've ever seen that before or for that matter, have a clue as to what it's for. Is it some sort of Mr.Do! point pressing contraption?

I'm waiting on Gunsmoke (another game I've never played) as it seems like a stick with buttons is the only way to go.

It's not my collection sadly, just giving you some ideas for when you select your controller.

I had never played Gun.Smoke either. Seems like it's game on for us on that one!

That's a Nintendo Virtual Boy

MGL 29 - RULES - WATCH THE TUBE on page 1 (Nominations are CLOSED)

Are you going to use this rom hack in your cab @outrun86 ?

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=2233752

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks @Rat .David Penfold from the uk (Chris Whites friend) send me the updated EPROM data to do this. Is there anyone in Aus who could get the EPROMs and do this for me?

Sad news.. My laptop HDD passed away about 1hr ago. RIP. Trying to decide whether to just get a new drive or fork out for a new laptop. Either way, I won't be MGLing until I get it fixed, then reload everything etc. etc. etc. what a pain in the arse :realmad:

Up and running again :D

New hard drive $75. Don't worry about Windows, I've already got it.... Do you think I can find a single copy around the house? No... GRRRRRR.

Go back to the computer shop, "Windows Please - just the OEM will do". them: "You need to buy hardware to get the OEM" - me: "I was in here yesterday at 4:30pm buying a hard drive".... them: "Do you have the receipt with you?" - so do I drive home, get receipt, go back and waste another 30 minutes to save $10? Bloody hell /rant

Anyway, probably worth it - 30 minutes of using Windows 10 and it already looks like a vast improvement on Windows 8.

Now just need to get all my MAME stuff over and I'm good to go :D

As mentioned in another thread, I love all the banter and stories you all have to tell here.

I've started a thread in the Arcade section asking to tell a bit about what your local arcade was like as a kid and what was your first game/favourite game etc.

Check it out... I'd love to hear your stories.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/82964-Arcade-questionnaire

As mentioned in another thread, I love all the banter and stories you all have to tell here.

I've started a thread in the Arcade section asking to tell a bit about what your local arcade was like as a kid and what was your first game/favourite game etc.

Check it out... I'd love to hear your stories.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/82964-Arcade-questionnaire

What is a milk bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

What is a milk bar?

A milk bar is an Australian term for a small shop normally in the suburbs.

They generally sell bread, milk, newspapers and take away foods like burgers or fish and chips.

You probably know them as convenience stores or delicatessens.

This is probably where a lot of Aussies got there first taste of arcade and pinball.

They generally sell bread, milk, newspapers and take away foods like burgers or fish and chips.

This is probably where a lot of Aussies got there first taste of arcade and pinball.

In bigger towns they'd also often have a few booths like a diner, but no more than a few. But in the bigger cities they'd be less likely to have games in them too because they were doing enough custom otherwise.

... now I've got to find fish and chips. Thanks for that BRB.