Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getaway diverter and eject failure.

tas_tig3r

Question

Hey all.

So my Getaway is playing up. On Saturday morning I was playing it, no issues, when the DMD suddenly flicks off. DMD control board had overheated and died, but I got hold of a repair kit and it's back up and running. All good.

The problem is after the DMD repair, it has started giving a diverter error on startup, and neither the diverter or the eject hole will function, not in gameplay or in the test menu.

All opto's are functioning, and the eject hole switch is registering as well. Any ideas? How much to get you to fix it @Skybeaux ? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

Is there power at the 2 coils , a wire could have broken off further up stream cutting power from the coils.

Problem could be unrelated to the dmd high voltage issue.

I'd be checking the wiring under the playfield , and take a look at the connector plugs too......re-seat ribbon cables.

I should mention there have been other issues found. Several of the play field LEDs have stopped functioning, and the supercharger on timing test seems much slower. I've checked all the fuses and all wiring seems to connect through from solenoids to board.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A good start to finding your problems is to check old repairs. With the lights out it could be a broken via from a repair. What this means is say the bridge or caps that have been replaced, in the process the via is broken which prevents both sides of the board connecting properly. Common problem unfortunately. Fix that then see what other problems arise. Maybe you get lucky and it all works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk