Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Show off your guitar

jason1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sure is! Damn nice neck on it too

That what I love about 80's- early 90's charvels and Jackson guitars.

they are no Bullshit, they are a true players guitar, arent designed to sit as wallhangers for posers, I love the necks on them, they are amazing and very comfortable, but can be hard to find, thats the down side.

you know how it is there are three types of guitars, Cheaper beginners guitars, there is those overpriced wallhangers that look pretty but play like shit and that sit in some rich posers house collecting dust who dreams of being Stevie Ray Vaughan, then there is the serious guitar and 80's Charvels and Jacksons fits right into that spot IMO.

Love love them, I look at my pinball machines some times and think, Damn i wouldn't mind an 80's Jackson Soloist lol.

Shame I cant play bass, would be a nice one to own

Edited by jason1

• 1 month later...

We have a double cut away Gibson "tv special" in the same colour with 2 p90s you'd probably like even more.

I love the story behind the name and pale yellow colour..... that in the black and white tv days - this matt pale yellow just looked like a straight white guitar on the tv. No gloss glare (supposedly the white/ cream gloss strats of the era would look a dull grey and be constantly flashing reflections of studio lighting into the camera lense.... like a depressing coloured mirror ball!)

Love the Albert Lee model. I almost bought one to have as an "S" reference in the workshop. Ended up going with a Warmoth parts build to bend it more to my playing. It's less strictly stratty but close enough, and I've played it more than anything else over the last few years.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
my bass it was converted from an old acoustic guitar i found at the tip by a friend

I also changed my guitar hero guitar into a bass by taking out 2 pegs :lol:

MdBdjaN.jpg?1

But on a serious note, I was going to ask you if the shorter scale made a difference but then I found this: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/long-short-scale-bass-differences-explained/

My Ibanez EDB600 Bass with DR Neon strings under a black light :)

25660039_394651274304770_7478184701871278633_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=170df7a0e0fcae62446dee0d1e6293a2&oe=5B7A55B3

I cant say Ive ever played neon strings before, not even sure ive ever seen them before. lol, certainly an interesting concept. im guessing it was an 80's pop thing?

ive seen plenty of Neon Inlays and Side fret Markers, I noticed one of Les Claypools bass guitars had Neon side fret markers when I saw them live, but they were really bright and could have even been LEDS. thinking about it more they were most likely LEDS

Edited by jason1

I cant say Ive ever played neon strings before, not even sure ive ever seen them before. lol, certainly an interesting concept. im guessing it was an 80's pop thing?

ive seen plenty of Neon Inlays and Side fret Markers, I noticed one of Les Claypools base guitars had Neon side fret markers when I saw them live, but they were really bright and could have even been LEDS. thinking about it more they were most likely LEDS

Yep, definitely an 80's thing. They have improved the coating on the latest ones, as previously it used to come off over time. I don't really notice a difference in feel or sound over regular round wound strings.

They are available in heaps of colours. The green ones pop the best under black light though :)