Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Show off your guitar

jason1

Alas, no pics.

My working guitar is an '86 10-string Takamine acoustic-electric. I've never been in to guitar and rig specs the way most guys are.

The specs of this guitar started when I bought her, on what would have been my Mum's next birthday. It was also the same day that my Niece was born.

She copped substantial structural damage due to one of my sisters conniption fits', and even worse damage later when the Mother of my Children dummy spat her down a flight of stairs.

I dropped her one day when showing off, and fucked her sound hole real bad on another day when I ignorantly fiddled with her truss rod.

Enter Fess from The Radiators who fixed her up a charm.

Now her frets are worn to buggery, and I use electrical tape on the first three frets to help cut her sting from my ears.

Her name is Jade, and our relationship is so strong that we look and behave like each other.

You need only see G to see a picture of Jade.

I also have a 90's Rickenbacker 360ish, and an '86 Japanese Tele, neither of which I've played this century. My Rickenbacker is jealous of Jade, and resents being neglected.

The above three are factory made left handers.

I'm a sucker for op shops, so I also have ten or so right handed classicals, acoustics, and electrics.

The only one I play is a Johnson Strat copy, unplugged, and with five strings (no high E). I naturally play a lot of funk rhythms, and this guitar helps me get closer to the pocket of fast tempo stabbing upstrokes than what I could playing a custom left hander.

G

• 1 month later...

Too keep the thread going, What guitar Pedals do you guys use?

My pedal train is pretty simple.

Boss Digital delay DD-7, Boss Metal Core ML-2, and my favorite pedal the Boss Metal Zone MT-2

I have two distortions typically one for the more refined sound of the metal Zone because it has EQ settings on it, and is very versatile and i use that in front of the Delay, the Metal core is for that spastic Distortion, it is not very versatile but when needing very heavy distortion this pedal gets used.

the boss delay DD7 has reverse delay which i use allot. The sort of Music I Play Is progressive rock metal which is probably evident by my pedal line up and the fact Im running EMG pickups

Edited by jason1

• 3 months later...

Well I well and truely got my self in the dog house tonight, I bought my self a Charvel Jackson model 6 superstrat.

It will be arriving on Saturday, Ive bought this Off my uncle, I have been trying for 15 years to buy it, Every time I speak to him I ask if he will sell it. I jokingly asked again tonight and he said ok.

I cant remember the color as it has been so long since i last saw it, lol

So the missus who is very accommodating usually was not amused by this purchase, Bugger

Maybe its time to sell a pinball to get me out of this one lol

Yeah that shot is from my studio in Melb. Its a Gibson 335 tucked up the back there..... very nice guitar! Sounded great through a Vox head. If you're a older gibson fan, we also used an old TV special and a LP junior.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

very nice, and very cool owning a recording studio :cool:

Ok so my Charvel jackson model6 arrived. needs a bit of work to get it upto spec, will need to replace the bridge Pup as jackson pup has been replaced at some point.

also need to replace a flip switch I might do the pots at the same time, and then it will need a buff, A little wear mark from where his hand sat when playing, has been touched up with clear, the neck is very nice. Plays Awesome, Always wanted a Charvel m6 , the neck through is great

charvel.thumb.jpg.0631068fbe61b03ce48768bfc090e3a7.jpg

Edited by jason1

very nice, and very cool owning a recording studio :cool:

Ok so my Charvel jackson model6 arrived. needs a bit of work to get it upto spec, will need to replace the bridge Pup as jackson pup has been replaced at some point.

also need to replace a flip switch I might do the pots at the same time, and then it will need a buff, A little wear mark from where his hand sat when playing, has been touched up with clear, the neck is very nice. Plays nice, sounds like shit with the current pickup, My uncle plays country so its setup for that and is shit under distortion, I may drop in my Peavey Humbucker that was in my vandy before i pulled them out for the EMG's, or I stay true to the guitar and get some correct Jackson Pups

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106615[/ATTACH]

Love those old Charvels. Very fast neck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 2 months later...

Boss Digital delay DD-7, Boss Metal Core ML-2, and my favorite pedal the Boss Metal Zone MT-2

I have two distortions typically one for the more refined sound of the metal Zone because it has EQ settings on it, and is very versatile and i use that in front of the Delay, the Metal core is for that spastic Distortion, it is not very versatile but when needing very heavy distortion this pedal gets used.

the boss delay DD7 has reverse delay which i use allot. The sort of Music I Play Is progressive rock metal which is probably evident by my pedal line up and the fact Im running EMG pickups

I've just put together my first pedalboard, it's an "ENO EX STOMPBOX Mini" (basically a Pedaltrain Nano clone). Signal chain is distortion - noise gate - delay - tuner - looper, the reverb is a homemade FS1 for my amps built in reverb (with 9v input for the LED as the amp doesn't run a LED in it's footswitch). It's all powered by a daisy chain and a laptop style 9v supply, I wanted to do isolated but there's less space under this board than a Pedaltrain Nano, there's no noise anyway.

pedalboard.thumb.jpg.430c29189e51215fd4ab3c34f2e85cdb.jpg

I've just put together my first pedalboard, it's an "ENO EX STOMPBOX Mini" (basically a Pedaltrain Nano clone). Signal chain is distortion - noise gate - delay - tuner - looper, the reverb is a homemade FS1 for my amps built in reverb (with 9v input for the LED as the amp doesn't run a LED in it's footswitch). It's all powered by a daisy chain and a laptop style 9v supply, I wanted to do isolated but there's less space under this board than a Pedaltrain Nano, there's no noise anyway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110947[/ATTACH]

thats a nice combo, I recently added a boss looper to my train, Loopers are bloody handy things. I used a looper years and years ago and it sounded like shit so I stayed away from them for years, but the tech is so much better these days, and they sound perfect.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Consider my gob officially smacked.

And for if you've got a few grand to spare:

should have asked for payment in advance.

Its pretty insane, Not really my thing, but the dude has certainly put some work into it.

but For strange bass guitars this is one I would love to own, sadly Im not rich enough lol

les-claypool-NEWS.jpg.21a815b751cc6b11c656b4e4ef11a776.jpg

This is my current Lego Gibson work in progress...

http://i.imgur.com/rwGCkJ5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qekksme.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/zcpo8qH.jpg

I need more Black Lego...

I started it a couple of years ago and thought it's about time I finished it off.

I also made DIY Lego Distortion pedal on Vero Board from scrap components...

http://i.imgur.com/A3Q3GYl.jpg

It'll be sold when completed.

Edited by Kaizen

I don't use any 'pedals' as such but i have a couple of Behringer Virtualizer Pro effect units, a DOD dual 15 band eq and a Behringer rack mount tuner, all controlled by a custom made loop switcher which is in turn controlled by a pedal board (all built by me), all in a rack case. The rack plugs into my amp's effects loop, so no pedals between the guitar and amp! I use mostly delays for effects, all overdrive comes from the amp (Laney AOR Pro Tube 50 1 head and Marshall 4x12 quad box)

I just finally put my pedals onto my board. Honestly don't really use them so it's taken a few years to hook them up since I ditched the rjm rack switcher rig.

50c53ef592fc431eabc900f021f91480.jpg

The death metal pedal has an added gain trim pot to tame the absurdity, it gets a good pantera vibe now