Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

MGL 28 - Game 9 ~ Swimmer ~ [FINISHED]

Crab Mornay

MGL 28 Game 9 ~ Swimmer

Nominated by gamer: @Foot

ROM: Swimmer (set 1)

Game Story:
    The first level has turtles, on the second there are crabs, on the third there are dragonflies and on the fourth there are fish. Use the joystick to move the swimmer around the river and press the button to make the character dive under floating logs that may block the path of the river. The swimmer can also dive to avoid pests. And there is fruit!

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.
    This game finishes Sunday 7 August 2016, 7pm Sydney time, Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No cheats allowed! Before the end of the game you can use the extra life if you win it in the Bonus Game.

GAME 9 ... Dive! Dive! Dive!

Final Results ...

Congratulations to Sawys for winning Game 9 ...

Last edited by OOO; 7th August 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    And there is fruit!
    But why? why are there bananas, grapes, strawberries and melons floating down the river? some of the other bonus fruits available are not even grown in the the same temperate zones so it can't be because they are growing next to the river.

This is not a bad game, but it certainly isn't a good one either, it's a rip off of the classic River Patrol which I enjoy much more but probably only because I played it in the arcades. Tehkan made some of my all time favourites such as Bomb Jack and Guzzler and Star Force........but Swimmer is not up to that standard.

Anyway I'm going back to work tonight after 3 months off (GROAN ) so I will revert back to my normal levels of play which would be about a third of what I have been playing lately.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    of Confusion
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    But why? why are there bananas, grapes, strawberries and melons floating down the river? some of the other bonus fruits available are not even grown in the the same temperate zones so it can't be because they are growing next to the river.
    a fruit cargo ship sank and spilled its load of fruit into the river

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    Last played in MGL 13 back in 2011, nominated by me back then as well (Ah, that Foot, always nominating the classics ) Spartan won that game with a 107K score
    @Rat you said this in 2011 "Only had a couple of swims, not a bad game, but I like River Patrol better, might find time to beat this score." time for some new material
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Nahhhh as I age I thought I would just stick with the same old stories over and over on repeat like a broken record, some of them will improve slightly though, like the older I get the faster I was

It's bloody cold down here I don't want to go swimming
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    715 Post(s)

That'll do for now
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Doony NSW
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quoted
    516 Post(s)
    4010 that'll do forever

WP_20160722_12_41_14_Pro.jpg
    The Duke of Doonside

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    I think this was in the first or second MGL I ever played. I thought about nominating this, it was pretty cool from memory but I haven't touched it since last time.

- - - Updated - - -

0000.png

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

swim0002.png

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    What!!! why is this not River Patrol I actually was thinking about River Patrol the other day but totally forgot the name and started thinking that stupid River swimming name swimmer and River Raid from Atari 2600.

This is all wrong should be River Patrol.

River Patrol, River Patrol, River Patrol, River Patrol

If I say it enough will the game change??

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information