Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

new pinballs day

well technically was yesterday..been some big changes in the shed and more to come..multi players out and rare gottlieb add a balls in..both games are running but will take them another level of restoration in early spring as i'm still getting ready other games that have been 'sold'.

gottlieb mini pool, which is from august 1969, production run 500..replay version was target pool from june 1969, where gottlieb made 2,500..designed by the legend ed krynski, who designed more games than any other in the history of pinball..art was by art stenholm.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/illawarra_steelers/20160411_183519_zpsfsfwlgzy.jpg

other game is gottlieb astro from october 1971, production run 500..replay version was 4 square from june 1971, gottlieb made 2,200 of these..just adore the backglass art, even though some parts are a bit flakey..once again designed by ed krynski but artwork this time by gordon morison (my favourite artist).

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/illawarra_steelers/20160411_183526_zpsaa0vmimv.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/illawarra_steelers/20160411_183424_zpstbbnlgjx.jpg

Gotlieb had some of the best artists of that era, and in my opinion they make a lot of the artwork in the later years boring, their early machines look beautiful turned on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gottlieb pro pool..which is the aab single player of the 4 player hot shot and 2 player big shot.

Ah yes i remember that one, lots of drops and used to play at Caringbah in the arcade upstairs. All these add a ball that you are getting Tony, do you prefer the add a ball game or are you just enjoying the slight differences in artwork?

Or are they in better condition as they often weren't as popular with collectors.

scott..the aab are very rare and where only made for 2 states of america..the single player games are so much easier to maintain..and when you have a shed full that is a massive factor.

These days I'm all about whatever is easier when it comes to pin maintenance.

scott..the aab are very rare and where only made for 2 states of america..the single player games are so much easier to maintain..and when you have a shed full that is a massive factor.

Thanks Tony. I know what you mean about maintaining single player over multi and I've never had any where near as many as you so can see where you are coming from.

Thanks Tony. I know what you mean about maintaining single player over multi and I've never had any where near as many as you so can see where you are coming from.

I also prefer single player EM's because multi players can't remember anything from ball to ball.

IMO the only multiplayer EM that overcomes this (that I know of) is Williams Lady Luck because it is a Blackjack theme so with each ball you are playing against the dealer .. a clever idea