Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

nes classic console mini

I have one coming from game.co.uk that I pre-ordered on Sept 22nd after finding out that all the pre-order allocation had already sold out in OZ. I bought it to give away as a prize at the Head 2 Head gaming meet, I got an email a couple of days ago saying it was in the "packing" process and I would get another email when it's shipped. Postage was fairly cheap, less than $10 and it say it will take 3-6 working days, that will get it to me in plenty of time for the meet, fingers crossed there are no unexpected delays.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked mine up yesterday. Had it per-ordered for months. Pretty cool system, my 8 year old son loves it. He hasn't touched Minecraft for over 24 hours! (that MUST be a record..)

You will DEFINITELY want the controller extensions. The cord is like 60cm long. Longer HDMI cable and USB power are recommended also.

But yeah, overall very cool. This is an emulation system done right. The presentation/menu/ease of use is top notch. Build quality and packaging is great too.

Chatting about this on another forum, and eBay vultures cleaned out the pre-orders in most places, and are now selling them online for 300% the retail price. Makes me pretty angry.

I hope folks do go out and buy these, and show Nintendo that we want these sorts of products. But at the same time, don't feed the eBay scum.

Between then and now, consider a Raspberry Pi. But please, do consider buying the Nintendo original first-hand if you get a chance (and here's hoping Nintendo get more units out there, and don't short-stock them).

Chatting about this on another forum, and eBay vultures cleaned out the pre-orders in most places, and are now selling them online for 300% the retail price. Makes me pretty angry.

I hope folks do go out and buy these, and show Nintendo that we want these sorts of products. But at the same time, don't feed the eBay scum.

Between then and now, consider a Raspberry Pi. But please, do consider buying the Nintendo original first-hand if you get a chance (and here's hoping Nintendo get more units out there, and don't short-stock them).

Curious to know what was the retail price?

Curious to know what was the retail price?

Of which bit?

NES Classic is $99 RRP. Folks are reporting $250-$300 on eBay. A mate in the US showed me a craigslist page with someone selling one for $750, which is completely insane.

RPi style computers range in price. You can get an "Orange Pi" Chinese made SoC for $11 from AliExpress, right up to an official RPi3 for around $50 or so. Add on another $40 for power supplies (5V USB phone charger), MicroSD cards, case, cables, controllers and whatnot if you don't have those. Probably ends up the same as your $99 NES Classic with all the bits and pieces tacked on.

I genuinely hope Nintendo can get their quantities up.

I mean, I'll happily use emulators and have a number of Raspberry Pi projects floating around my house (and have given some away as gifts). But I also want Nintendo to know that people are willing to financially support retro gaming and legally licensed titles if they're willing to make the products.

Sadly they've underestimated the pre-Christmas demand, and all the money is going to eBay vultures. That makes me really sad.

You don't think that Nintendo are deliberately withholding stock as a marketing ploy? Wouldn't be the first time, same fiasco happened with Amibos, 3DS consoles, the list goes on.

Seems odd they would advertise it for months in advance only to supply retailers with a dozen or so units.

You don't think that Nintendo are deliberately withholding stock as a marketing ploy? Wouldn't be the first time, same fiasco happened with Amibos, 3DS consoles, the list goes on.

Seems odd they would advertise it for months in advance only to supply retailers with a dozen or so units.

I think this concept is mostly an urban myth. The company I work for (bigger than Nintendo by a big margin) get accused of this from time to time, but I can assure you that mass producing stuff is hard, scaling to global quantities is even harder, and company's want to hit their quarterly revenue projections that Wall St holds in such high regard. I guarantee you guys at Nintendo are trying to figure out right now how to restock those shelves, and do it fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[....] I guarantee you guys at Nintendo are trying to figure out right now how to restock those shelves, and do it fast.

absolutely they are. nintendo is losing money fist over foot recently, not even pokemon go has helped - and their stock actually fell after they released the trailer for their new console, switch! the wii was released 10 years ago now, it's been a steady decline since's the wii's glory days.

very sad for the once kings of the gaming world!

Ive heard people say Nintendo are "deliberately withholding stock" on a few things in the but I fail to see how that would do anything positive for them. I think in this case they just drastically underestimated the demand.

The thing that gets me is the amout of time ive seen the scalpers say thing like "release was limited edition - so not many around. "

JBHIFI just had preorders open. I don't know what time they started it as wasn't advertised on their website but they removed it pretty quickly as I assume all the preorders were bought. I luckily managed to get a preorder in!

i wish I had preordered when they originally opened months ago. If they bring out a min snes and a min n64 I won't make that mistake again and will preoder straight away!

Yeah they were meant to be limited addition, only one batch and then a second batch materialized from nintendo hence EB and JB re-opened pre-orders (for a very short window).

I wonder if nintendo will just keep doing this, keeping the hype up with sporadic batches..