Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Manufacturing opportunity at Highway Games - need your feedback!

• 1 month later...

People have talked about screen burn in with mobile phones that have OLED screens (Samsung galaxy users)

However i would be able to tolerate any issues like this for a better visual gaming experience over LCD (that is just me personally)

If it was for a 4:3 OLED screen, i would prefer that option and be prepared to pay around $750

Right now would be great, however 2 years from now seems more probable

If it was an LCD i would be prepared to pay up to $500

People have talked about screen burn in with mobile phones that have OLED screens (Samsung galaxy users)

However i would be able to tolerate any issues like this for a better visual gaming experience over LCD (that is just me personally)

If it was for a 4:3 OLED screen, i would prefer that option and be prepared to pay around $750

Right now would be great, however 2 years from now seems more probable

If it was an LCD i would be prepared to pay up to $500

Welcome to AA

Thank you everyone for your feedback. The biggest problem right now is volume. Originally when we were looking at the project a few years ago the LCD factories needed 50000units to make the project worthwhile. Currently we have negotiated down to 10000units but we wont know if were going ahead as the uptake in Australia has been very small. We are exhibiting at the IAAPA show in November and depending on the feedback we receive there, we will decide if we can go ahead with the project.

Lag and viewing angles would be a huge concern as well. IPS or VA panel and 1 frame max lag would be a must.

The lag is sometimes tolerable, but not ideal. To my mind the viewing angles in an excellent point though. With a four player cab, a TN panel might mean the guys on the end aren't going to see much. Let along a kid in one of those spots.

The lag is sometimes tolerable, but not ideal. To my mind the viewing angles in an excellent point though. With a four player cab, a TN panel might mean the guys on the end aren't going to see much. Let along a kid in one of those spots.

CRT is no longer available so there are going to compromises made like it or not.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this project?

We have a true LCD factory willing to work with us, but unfortunately we cannot get the numbers to commit to a production run. Its a significant number, but not the crazy numbers we were being quoted a couple of years ago.

We have a number of projects this year, including exhibiting at international trade events so we have decided to retry again at the end of this year to gauge interest. In the meantime, you can view our current projects below;

Thanks again for your support.