Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ho Model Trains anyone here into them?

Hi guys not sure if anyone here is into model trains I inherited my grandfathers trains set many years ago and sadly I'll never have room for it as its almost 6m X 6m.

My nan wants it gone so ive decided it's time to cut it up and sell the pieces in hope of buying something practical that can actually be passed down to my son and hopefully his?

There's are hundreds of carriages dozens of engines buildings electric points meters and meters of flex track apart from the obvious what's worth saving and how's the best way to sell?

Local model shops, train shops and model railway club havnt Been much help before anyone suggest that option

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160406/bcfa84abad889756fade290782ab2dc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love HO trains. nice setup there

My setup is dismantled at present

Thanks yeah it's pretty cool most of its controlled from the one section all magnetic couplers that when parked over particular magnet they open red and green signals actually stop trains it's going to be very sad. When the reciprocating saw start up

It's a shame you don't have the real estate to house it, it looks like an awesome set up that has had a lot of time money and effort put into setting it up, it would be a shame to see it parted out or scrapped.

It's a shame you don't have the real estate to house it, it looks like an awesome set up that has had a lot of time money and effort put into setting it up, it would be a shame to see it parted out or scrapped.

Sadly that's where it's going

Thanks for the replies. Getting decent photos is very difficult and trying to sell it on gum tree etc will be a nightmare the set up is at my Nans about an hours drive from my place so meeting people to view it who don't buy it anyway will be a nightmare with the limited free time

I have anyway

My father is currently building a N scale setup in his garage, but i remember him saying not long back that he has being buying some HO stuff, will check with him if he wants anything for you.

He is a massive train entuthiasist and has a few friends who collect as well. will get back to you shortly.

Where are you located?

And they will have trouble giving them away at next to nothing because the next generation wont give a shit about the nostalgia side of things like how we remember playing them in our youth.

Yep, definite bell curve on the value of this stuff. We're probably at close to the high point now.

I know a guy (Terminal disease) with an exotic seashell collection he could not find any love for

So much love goes in (To all hobbies), and the owner got much happiness from it, that's all that matters

My elderly neighbour (who has passed) built a massive track complete with CCTV under his house 30 odd years back to keep his son from going astray.. It was the most impressive thing I'd seen in a very long time when we discovered it courtesy of an article in the local paper. His widow sold their house last year and ensured it went to a family who'd look after the trains and keep them running. There's now a mad keen 4yo train buff living next door! :) Legacy's matter. Put it in storage Dan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk