State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snjspiteri View Post
    Attachment 96440
    Its amazing how before VPX i thought vp9 was not bad.
    I just cant play vp9 version anymore the enjoyment has been lost mainly due to the terrible flipper physics.
    Is there a way to port all my old vp9 games to vpx or must i just wait for all those smart blokes to convert them for me??
    I'm interested to know this. Since putting a decent video card in my cab I can now run VPX but I haven't even worked out how to get the b2s to work on VPX yet. Having the b2s named the same as the .vpx table doesn't seem to work nor does naming it what it appears to be called in the table script. Getting really off the point here but I can't get Futur Pinball to display like VP and am going to have another crack at Pinball Arcade.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    The directb2s backglass must be named exactly the same as the table name and also you must make sure the script calls for B2S.Server and thats it. All should run. Have you ever had them running before?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    I'm interested to know this. Since putting a decent video card in my cab I can now run VPX but I haven't even worked out how to get the b2s to work on VPX yet. Having the b2s named the same as the .vpx table doesn't seem to work nor does naming it what it appears to be called in the table script. Getting really off the point here but I can't get Futur Pinball to display like VP and am going to have another crack at Pinball Arcade.

VPX doesn't function any differently than VP9 regarding B2S, when you download a table just check the table script to enable the backglass as you would normally for VP9 tables.

Some vpx tables don't even need modifying at all, as long as you have the backglass named the same as already mentioned (and some work even when it isn't. that's vp for you tho)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snjspiteri View Post
    Attachment 96440
    Its amazing how before VPX i thought vp9 was not bad.
    I just cant play vp9 version anymore the enjoyment has been lost mainly due to the terrible flipper physics.
    Is there a way to port all my old vp9 games to vpx or must i just wait for all those smart blokes to convert them for me??

The flipper physics in vp9 I don't think are due to the version of vp, it's more down to the table author. Load up any of Pinuck's tables in VP9, the physics are near as dammit good as vpx. JP's tables also.

I'm steering clear of vpx mainly cause nudge is rubbish. it's a shame, cause the lighting, everything is a big step forward, nudge is a huge step backwards. I want the ball to stay alive, it is so frustrating in vpx not to be able to nudge properly.

I'm actually getting into Pinball FX2 on the cab lately. It's not for the purist but I am still finding the tables a lot of fun - and the physics I think are good. Their Southpark table is a scream also love the video modes!

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    image.jpeg
    Im done!!

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    BR.jpg

I so want to block off, L and K!

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    VPX doesn't function any differently than VP9 regarding B2S, when you download a table just check the table script to enable the backglass as you would normally for VP9 tables.

Some vpx tables don't even need modifying at all, as long as you have the backglass named the same as already mentioned (and some work even when it isn't. that's vp for you tho)

- - - Updated - - -

The flipper physics in vp9 I don't think are due to the version of vp, it's more down to the table author. Load up any of Pinuck's tables in VP9, the physics are near as dammit good as vpx. JP's tables also.

I'm steering clear of vpx mainly cause nudge is rubbish. it's a shame, cause the lighting, everything is a big step forward, nudge is a huge step backwards. I want the ball to stay alive, it is so frustrating in vpx not to be able to nudge properly.

I'm actually getting into Pinball FX2 on the cab lately. It's not for the purist but I am still finding the tables a lot of fun - and the physics I think are good. Their Southpark table is a scream also love the video modes!
    I'll have to have a look at Pinball FX

State
    Doony NSW
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Ok game is closed. I'm unable to update scores at the moment, my pc has issues, will update when I can get it working again, on the iPad at the moment.
    But just a bit of bragging, I managed to sink 4 Ships

Black Rose Podium
    Podiumround.png

Jed's second spoon
    woodenspoonjed.jpg
    Last edited by skids; 28th July 2016 at 05:43 PM.
    The Duke of Doonside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information