Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

MGL 28 - Game 7 ~ BurgerTime ~ [FINISHED]

Peter Pepper Picked a Pickle

MGL 28 Game 7 ~ Burger Time

Nominated by gamers: bigredbird and RMacauley

ROM: BTime (Data East Set 1)

Game Story:
    The object of the game is for Peter Pepper to assemble four giant burgers without messing with any pursuing hot dogs, eggs or pickles who appear in later stages. Peter Pepper has to climb up ladders and walk across ramps to get to each of the burger ingredients which include buns, beef patties, lettuce leaves and sometimes tomato slices and cheese slices. Eat the yummy ice cream!

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.
    This game finishes Sunday 24 July 2016, 7pm Sydney time, Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No cheats allowed!

GAME 7 ... Watch out for that evil egg!

Final Results ...

Congratulations to RMacauley for winning Game 7.

Last edited by OOO; 24th July 2016 at 06:12 PM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLI. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)

Attachment 95579

I ran out of pepper very quickly.

TG mame WR: 7.8 mil
    TG arcade WR: 11.5 mil

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    Oh crap. I have played this game a little but apparently RMacauley has played it a little too... thinking more about it though... this game will be just like all the others and I'll cop a floggin'

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Once again I do like this game it's different and fun and I enjoyed it BITD......but it rewards those who learn patterns and play it EXACTLY the same each time....I don't want to play the exact same game again and again so I will just bumble about getting pickled

Interestingly DKong had original cabs of both QBert and Burgertime, but like me I don't think he was interested in committing the patterns to memory.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)
    It's a great game and another fine selection for this MGL but I'm a bit with Rat on pattern play. Nowadays with enough processing power if I was writing games, aside from the fact I don't have the skill, I'd place a pattern detection algorithm in and stuff up the pattern bots.

But good luck to those who can grind out a huge pattern score anyway, nothing wrong with it for the game, the time and the way to play, just my view.

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

btim0003.png

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    I'm with @Rat on this one. This is one of several games that got spoilt for me when I found out that pattern play was required for really big scores. I think I watched an INP after the last time we played it of someone's score from MARP, probably Rob's I'm guessing. No doubt there is skill involved, but I'd rather jam my testicles in a vice that do the patterns (and that's assuming I could do them anyway), looks very tedious to me. Each to their own I guess. Still don't mind this game, but I'm no chance of getting very far in this one.

For the record, I think Q*Bert is patternable but there are still enough randomness about it - but I'm not 100% on this. Either way, with Q*Bert I haven't got around to looking at pattern play, I just adlib it which is probably why I can't marathon it....yet...

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    I have not had a game yet but I can hear the background music....

Diddle diddle dit dee dit dee diddle diddle
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    For the record, I think Q*Bert is patternable but there are still enough randomness about it - but I'm not 100% on this. Either way, with Q*Bert I haven't got around to looking at pattern play, I just adlib it which is probably why I can't marathon it....yet...
    I was going to ask this actually, I assumed QBert was patternable but really that is an uneducated guess, I will put this up for further discussion in the QBert thread as I am interested

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information