Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rowe CD100 not playing discs

blue95

Question

I have a Rowe CD100 (US Import version) that wont play discs, that I'm trying to get going.

It picks the CD up and places it on the cd player, the laser tries to focus, but currently it doesn't spin the disc. When I first got it, it would spin a little, then stop and start and then put the disc back. My friend has a working one, so I have tested my Control Computer, Mechanism Control and CD control boards in his and they all work. I have also tried my laser mech in his and it works too. The test lamps on the power supply are lit up, but I did notice the 28v rail was about 22.5, but the manual I borrowed said it should be between 23-30, so I'm not sure if this is the issue.

7 answers to this question

I've had a couple of these Jukes and the weakpoint always seems to be the laser unless its running a CDM-12 pro unit. Having said that you've tried that. Have you tried re-intiallising it? (getting it re-read all the discs?- takes awhile I know but just a thought). I have a manual for a CD-51A here (same running gear as a 100) and a box of loose parts if that's any help:unsure