WP_20160619_006.jpg
    The Duke of Doonside

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

There is a bit more to this game than first meets the eye.

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
    Great score!!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)

State
    CA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

0000.png

I played this game way back in MARP's earlier days. I don't remember why, might have been part of a tournament? I didn't mean to not record this but it was hot today and I had the AC running right next to the PC so I didn't fire up Twitch, and the first game was a keeper.

Some notes:

A stage is cleared either by catching all animals or eliminating all wolves.
    No wolves come out until you have caught at least one animal.
    For the... dinosaur? that comes out of the wells, there are only four in a given stage. Each are worth 2400 points, and eliminating them makes the rest of the stage less hazardous.
    When three animals are caught, a wolf comes up to drag the third one from the left back down. Hitting the wolf while it is dragging the animal is worth 4500 points and returns the animal to the other side of the fence.
    If the first wolf is hit, a second one comes to try again (haven't tested this to be sure of the logic). Still 4500 points for hitting it, but the animal escapes back into the stage no matter what. The wolves do not try again on that stage after this.
    Your animals cannot go through the objects in the stage but the wolves can. This makes some areas of the stage almost completely safe from being trampled by your own animals but affords no protection from wolves.
    The movement of the wolves is a quarter-circle pattern. Stand diagonally from one on stage 1 and watch it move towards you. It'll curve one way, then curve the other as if tracing opposite quarters of a circle until it reaches you.
    The speed of the wolves increases by steps the longer you spend on a stage. I think animals can only go slow or fast, but if you're on a stage too long the wolves will get faster and faster until they're at least as fast as you are.
    If you have your rope out to capture an animal, you can still fire a shot straight forward and it doesn't interrupt your rope.

Strategy:

At the beginning of the stage, let the animals roam free and don't capture any of them. Use the time to wipe out the well dinosaurs. Once they're done, capture a couple animals near the top to clear the upper region of the stage if possible, so that you get a clear shot at the wolves dragging animals away. Once those wolves have been eliminated, clear the stage whichever way is easiest. For me, it was usually easier to shoot down all the wolves than to actually capture all the animals with their erratic movement. If you can capture another animal or two after the second wolf though, it makes the rest of the stage much less dangerous.

Hope that helps. I'll do a recording on Twitch over the next couple of days to illustrate it.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
    I have never heard of this one.
    If the first three games are anything to go by then I'm sure one of our 33 players will be the world record holder on this game and will give me a few tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfink View Post
    the TG record of 312k could be in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoltyD View Post
    I see the future...

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)

Attachment 94972

This is way more fun a game than I thought it would be when I first saw it. It get's very intense after a few rounds or so.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information