Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL28 - Game 4 ~ Lasso ~ [FINISHED]

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)
    I wondered where the big points were coming from - I'd seen 1,500 for hitting the first wolf with animal but never got the second one. Thanks.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash IV View Post

Colide with animals at the beginning to end demo mode quickly
    You should lasso the animals on the demo screen.
    You get 2700 points and that score carries over into round 1.

As @OOO would say every point counts!

If I had an extra 2700 points last game then I would have moved up one spot.

Keep movin', movin', movin'
    Though they're disaprovin'
    Keep them doggies movin',
    Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em
    Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
    Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
    You should lasso the animals on the demo screen.
    You get 2700 points and that score carries over into round 1.
    This is also a multiplier. If you lasso all three in the "warmup" round, not only do you receive 2,700 points, but all point values are now tripled. It's nearly impossible to miss all three in the time allowed, though if you manage to only get two, you will get 2* all base points rather than the maximum of 3*.

In other words, your 1,500 point wolf will now become 4,500 points. All points in the game thereafter the warmup are tripled.

If you've turned to warmup off in the dip settings, be sure and get it back on. While it's irritating to warmup each game, it's really important to your score!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magrinder View Post
    This is also a multiplier. If you lasso all three in the "warmup" round, not only do you receive 2,700 points, but all point values are now tripled. It's nearly impossible to miss all three in the time allowed, though if you manage to only get two, you will get 2* all base points rather than the maximum of 3*.

In other words, your 1,500 point wolf will now become 4,500 points. All points in the game thereafter the warmup are tripled.

If you've turned to warmup off in the dip settings, be sure and get it back on. While it's irritating to warmup each game, it's really important to your score!
    I get a feeling we are going to see some scores rise very quickly!

Yeeha!

State
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

lass0004.png

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magrinder View Post

Thanks @magrinder for this tip ... DID EVERYONE READ THIS TIP? ... one of the most important ever on this great game!

Now lasso like you have never lassoed before (if such a word as lassoed exists) ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
    Keep movin', movin', movin'
    Though they're disaprovin'
    Keep them doggies movin',
    Rawhide
    Thanks also to @bigredbird for the musical inspiration ... roll em with my brothers in shades ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flash IV View Post
    Bob 91,440
    That's a massive jump ... from 11K to 91K ... awesome! ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    TN
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Been practicing ma lassoing skills. Yee Ha!! 🐎 🐎

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Oregon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    lass0000.png

I feel like I'm playing on different settings or something. There is no way possible to lasso all three animals in the warm up. Even if I do it perfect, there just isn't enough time. And it doesn't matter what I do in warm up, the scoring is always the same. I get 4,500 for shooting the wolf with the animal every time. I spent a lot of time improving my score just a little on this game so I think I'm pretty much done. Is an interesting game but I'm just not good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

lass0001.png

I've been using wolfmame .106 and just fired this game up on Retrouprising which I believe uses .136 and they do not play the same. Not even close. On Retrouprising getting all three animals in warm up is easy. Not possible in .106. Another huge difference I noticed is that when playing on Retrouprising there is only one hole with the lizards that pop out and blow smoke or fire or whatever it is. Level One is way easier. In .106 there are 4 of those on Round 1. I will attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Since there doesn't seem to be any difficulty settings I'm assuming the difference is in emulation. I don't have ability to play any other version of mame right now other than .106 so I guess I'm just at a disadvantage.

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1510 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    lass0000.png

I feel like I'm playing on different settings or something. There is no way possible to lasso all three animals in the warm up. Even if I do it perfect, there just isn't enough time. And it doesn't matter what I do in warm up, the scoring is always the same. I get 4,500 for shooting the wolf with the animal every time. I spent a lot of time improving my score just a little on this game so I think I'm pretty much done. Is an interesting game but I'm just not good at it.

- - - Updated - - -

lass0001.png

I've been using wolfmame .106 and just fired this game up on Retrouprising which I believe uses .136 and they do not play the same. Not even close. On Retrouprising getting all three animals in warm up is easy. Not possible in .106. Another huge difference I noticed is that when playing on Retrouprising there is only one hole with the lizards that pop out and blow smoke or fire or whatever it is. Level One is way easier. In .106 there are 4 of those on Round 1. I will attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. Since there doesn't seem to be any difficulty settings I'm assuming the difference is in emulation. I don't have ability to play any other version of mame right now other than .106 so I guess I'm just at a disadvantage.
    I definitely sounds like Dip Switch settings are different. Are they available in Wolfmame 1.06? From memory they are.

Brad

State
    TN
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    DB you can download the latest version of MAME from
    http://mamedev.org/release.php

If that doesn't work let me know and I can email you .149

I forgot to say something about that. I noticed that too. I switched to .149 but my .106 had the same broken parts yours did. But it was so late I just plain old forgot to mention it.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Last edited by Flash IV; 29th June 2016 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Additional info

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information