Thread: MGL 28 - Scoreboard

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Defender will smash the #$%^ out of you try playing that on the fa%^in keyboard
    I agree with all of this
    Have played on keyboard, PS4 controller and control panel. Smashes me every time!!! Your Defender efforts are far more impressive than my cheapo Galaga scores

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    LOL you can tell how drunk I was when I posted that because I got all sweary

Actually @Barra I think you would smash Defender if you had a Control Panel and decided to put in the practice time as you have demonstrated in previous games such as Star Force that you have excellent firepower speed, much faster than mine. Fire power can make the difference between a good player and a master, I don't think I will ever be a master as clocking it on red roms default difficulty seems to be really stretching my physical abilities. I am working on trying to get to a skill level that I can clock it whenever I want, I hope to get there, but ATM I can only do it if I can really get in the zone.

The masters can easily clock it at default and there is at least one player who can clock it at maximum difficulty
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    NH
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

Barra you make 3+mill look easy watching the video, trying to emulate that is harder but thanks for the tips
    This is interesting. I did watch a good solid chunk of Barra's 3 mil game and concluded that hey, Galaga is not that difficult. Just hammer out the entry bugs, then pick off balance. Barra's essentially doing EXACTLY what I'm doing so it's just a matter of repeating board after board. I watched for a few tip and strategies then assured myself that while I would not get a 3 mil score, I would be able to significantly increase my existing score by just simply hammering out a few rounds extra. Just do it!

With renewed confidence, I loaded up Galaga and promptly was beaten down...

I shall let Galaga rest for a good while knowing that I indeed put in a decent effort towards improving my score.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Yeah the difference between Galaga being easy or hard is all in about 4 accurate shots to reduce the swarm before they fly down, I just need to be slightly more accurate with a couple of shots and end up with about 6 bugs in the formation rather than the approximate 10 that I sometimes find myself battling now. Sounds easy, looks easy watching Barra do it, but it takes reliable accuracy and skill.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)
    I watched (in awe) parts of Barra's game and was surprised to see him getting the ship captured. I only ever used to do this for fun and giggles and am enough of a muppet to miss picking up the 10k perfect shoot bonus due to one miss - yes it's hard to do with double firing power, but I can manage it - then I get clobbered quickly because my two man width base is too fat.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Here is an updated overall scoreboard heading into this weekend of busy gaming ... it's very close all over the scoreboard and a few have yet to score in all games ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

After 3 games have been completed, this is one of the closest MGLs for the Top 25 that I have ever seen ...

outrun86 and Sawys are tied on 17th place ...
    bigredbird, CWK and Snjspiteri are all tied for 9th place ...
    magrinder, RMacauley and smkrogman are all tied for 4th place ...
    Rat and SoltyD are tied for 1st place ... and that's not counting all the others not tied for places in the Top 25! ...

6 games to go ...

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Is @Rat visiting Brisbane at the moment? Apparently he is, because I was behind him in traffic today

mgl.jpg

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    LOL......won't be me for much longer I don't think

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Wow, didn't think I'd be in second place , I'm with @Rat not for much longer though..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information